Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

AMD at Computex 2024

Hey, Red Team!

In case you didn't know, AMD is at Computex 2024! Not only that, but Dr. Lisa Su delivered the opening keynote and shared the latest on how AMD and our partners are pushing the envelope with our next generation of high-performance PC, data center, and AI solutions.

Here's a brief rundown of everything announced across Client, Commercial and Graphics:

• Unveiling AMD Ryzen™ AI 300 Series Processors with leadership AI, computing, and graphics.

• Announcing AMD Ryzen™ 9000 Series Desktop Processors, powered by the “Zen 5” architecture to deliver ~16% generational increase in IPC and leadership performance across a broad range of gaming and productivity applications.

• Revealing AMD ROCm™ 6.1 for AMD Radeon™ GPUs to make AI development and deployment with AMD Radeon™ desktop GPUs more compatible, accessible, and scalable.

• Announcing the AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900 Dual Slot Workstation Graphics Card, offering scalable AI performance and optimized for high-performance platforms supporting multiple GPUs.
  • Showcasing the expanded AMD Instinct™ Accelerator Roadmap, which introduces an annual cadence of leadership AI performance and memory capabilities including:
    • The AMD Instinct MI325X accelerator, on-track to be available in Q4 2024, which features 288GB of HBM3E memory and 6TB/s peak memory bandwidth
    • The AMD CDNA™ 4 architecture, planned for 2025, which will power the AMD Instinct MI350 series accelerators, and deliver up to a 35x increase in AI inference performance compared to CDNA 3.
    • The AMD CDNA™ “Next” architecture, planned for 2026, which will power the AMD Instinct MI400 series accelerators

• Previewing the upcoming 5th Gen AMD EPYC family of processors, which will be available in 2H 2024, will support up to 192 cores and 384 threads, and will be based on the “Zen 5” architecture.

• Highlighting how its AI and adaptive computing technology is powering the next wave of AI innovation at the edge, for customers across verticals, including healthcare, automotive and industrial markets.

If you missed it or would like to re-watch the keynote, you can do so below!

5 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Very impressive announcement.  The focus on AI is evident and it seems everything is going that direction, including Windows with their Co-Pilot functionality.  Do we all need to build an 'AI-Ready' PC now?  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

With ai, shouldn’t we be able to finally stop all those annoying adds now? 

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air

I think so, at least for enterprise use.

Limited use of co-pilot is BOOOOOOMING.

Personally, I've even used it to generate some scripts that I would otherwise spend too much time searching for it.

From pinging ASSETs to OnBoarding FAQ text. I'm afraid this is here to stay.

I blame on the lazy people 🤣 Well, let me explain:

If i am going to do creative work for me personally at home, co-pilot can stay away, far away!
If its during work hours, Sure. I'm not bringing that stuff home, spending extra time of my personal life is not an option, making Co-Pilot appealing.

@BigAl01 wrote:

... including Windows with their Co-Pilot functionality.  Do we all need to build an 'AI-Ready' PC now?  

The Englishman

While Co-Pilot is cool, I hope it is a feature that requires a download rather than full OS integration where you can't turn it off.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Let's go Ryzen!