cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

NAStrahl
Journeyman III

AMD Advantage Gaming Laptop For Starfield?

Okay, this my first time posting in this community, so let's all hope we all don't regret it.

*Ahem*

Well, preliminary benchmarks of Starfield on various desktop setups make it clear that AMD hardware is the way to go. It's convenient then that I also need to replace my 8-year old laptop anyway.

So I'm looking at these different Starfield bundles or combinations of hardware and realize that none of the parts listed look at though they are intended to be used in laptops.

markup_1000001725.png

I've already had people tell me that I should just buy a pre-built desktop, build my own, or just get an XBox Series X.

However, I want to play the game at 60 FPS and 1440p or higher FPS and resolutions which are possible for a laptop.

Don't believe me that I could play it on a laptop with those settings? What about this CORSAIR Voyager that I found on that one list of AMD Advantage Gaming Laptops? (BTW, I think that list could be outdated, as the listed HP OMEN has been discontinued.)

Therefore, I would like to know which out of the current list of AMD Advantage Gaming Laptops I should invest to play Starfield Premium Edition on the setting I mentioned previously.

Also, are there any laptops out there with AMD processors and GPUs that qualify as being an AMD Advantage Gaming Laptop but not labeled as such yet which are new enough?

Should I wait until AMD confirms that certain makes and models of laptops can play Starfield Premium on the aforementioned settings?

0 Likes
2 Replies
lowteck
Miniboss

I want to play the game at 60 FPS and 1440p or higher FPS and resolutions which are possible for a laptop"

Yes, you could get close to that with the Corsair. But for the same price, you could build your own face melter Desktop with a 34' widescreen 1440p and get better performance.

Pre-built, laptop or Built by You, just a matter of choice and preferences (Time, Money, Build Skills)

Good luck with your choice and reach out if you need build assistance.

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes

Yes, well I'm not interested in a desktop. If only because I like being able to move my computer around to different locations as needed.