cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Adrenalin Driver 24.7.1 was released today (19 July 2024) - Does it work for you?

I've only installed the new 24.7.1 Adrenalin driver update on a few of my computers so far today.  I'm not sure yet what improvements are in this update, but it appears to be working fine for me.

What are your thoughts?  Are you giving it a try?

I did notice that one of my computers asked if I wanted to switch to the new audio device - being the speakers built into the monitor.  I am sick and tired of being asked this, or having it done without my knowledge until I hear the tinny sound of the monitor speakers and I know that I have to switch back to my regular external speakers.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
3 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Here's the relevant part of the Release Notes:

Highlights

• New Game Support

• Zenless Zone Zero
    • Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess
      • Up to 16% increase in performance for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess @ 4k resolution, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition:trade_mark: 24.7.1 on the Radeon RX 7900XTX GPU, versus the previous software driver version 24.6.1RS-663
      • Up to 12% increase in performance for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess @ 4k resolution, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition:trade_mark: 24.7.1 on the Radeon RX 7800XT GPU, versus the previous software driver version 24.6.1RS-664
      • Up to 12% increase in performance for Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess @ 4k resolution, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition:trade_mark: 24.7.1 on the Radeon RX 7600XT GPU, versus the previous software driver version 24.6.1RS-665
  • Expanded HYPR-Tune Support

• Gray Zone Warfare
    • Lords of the Fallen
    • RoboCop: Rogue City
    • Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name.
    • Click HERE for more information regarding HYPR-RX
  • AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 Support for Dota 2

• Takes responsive gaming to the next level by introducing an in-game option to optimally pace frames, further reducing input lag on AMD RDNA™ architecture-based discrete and integrated graphics products.
      • AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag 2 features an onscreen overlay that can be used to display the system latency of supported games. When Anti-Lag 2 is enabled, the onscreen overlay can be toggled on using the ALT+SHIFT+L hotkey. 
        • Use the ALT+SHIFT+L hotkey to enable the Radeon Anti-Lag 2 Latency Monitor. Once activated, a small white chevron will appear in the top left corner of your display indicating that it is enabled.
        • Use ALT+SHIFT+L again to cycle through the following Latency Monitor display options: No metrics, FPS only, FPS and latency (in ms), FPS and latency (in ms and frames), FPS and latency (in ms and frames) with a legend.
        • To compare the difference between Anti-Lag 2 On and Anti-Lag Off, hold the right CTRL key. 
      • Anti-Lag 2 currently supports Dota 2 while using the DirectX® 11 API.