Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Godsmack_Me
Adept I

7900 xt

My rig is:

Ryzen 9, 7900xt, 32g memm, dual ssd, 1000 watt psu and 100/100 connection

When playing a 7 yr old game, Tom Clancys The Division, I have noticed I cant keep 170 frames on Ultra while moving.

I have also noticed Adrenaline will show I am using about 7g of vram. 

If I drop down to medium vid settings, it will hold 170 frames for the most part, but only use about 6g of vram

What is the reason I am not using near 20 vram ? The game is smooth and looks good and all that, but even if I stream, mem usage doesn't really change.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Arshawsky
Journeyman III

I don't understand the question. Nothing is required to use the maximum available memory. Just because you have 20 GB vram doesn't mean anything will actually use that much.

View solution in original post

Sapphire_Ed
Adept I

So a couple of points...

First the amount of VRAM used is by the games choice, not the GPU. So if the game is not using more than 7GB of VRAM, that is because that is all the game is asking for. That is fine.

The specs you listed are great but we need to know resolution of the game as well. That is important in judging frame rates. Without that information there is little context.

Finally The Division is an online game, this means that various factors outside the system can create bottlenecks for game play and frame rate. 

As for the frame rates mentioned, anything above 100 FPS would provide a VERY smooth gaming experience. I would suggest stopping watching the frame rate indicator and enjoy the game 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Godsmack_Me
Adept I

I mean GPU mem utilization is using only 7MB

0 Likes
Arshawsky
Journeyman III

I don't understand the question. Nothing is required to use the maximum available memory. Just because you have 20 GB vram doesn't mean anything will actually use that much.

Sapphire_Ed
Adept I

So a couple of points...

First the amount of VRAM used is by the games choice, not the GPU. So if the game is not using more than 7GB of VRAM, that is because that is all the game is asking for. That is fine.

The specs you listed are great but we need to know resolution of the game as well. That is important in judging frame rates. Without that information there is little context.

Finally The Division is an online game, this means that various factors outside the system can create bottlenecks for game play and frame rate. 

As for the frame rates mentioned, anything above 100 FPS would provide a VERY smooth gaming experience. I would suggest stopping watching the frame rate indicator and enjoy the game 🙂

0 Likes

Thanks. I did not know VRAM is used by the games choice.

Res is 2560 X 1440. My monitor is an Acer Nitro IPS 31.5" 170hz.

I dont "watch" frames, but it is a shooter.  When frames float or drop, shoots dont seem to register on location, for exp headshots land on body.  On Ultra settings, they will float as much as 70 frames. I guess my thought was if I spent some money like I did, I could have Ultra scenery and stable high frames. On mid level I dont experience that as much.

This is when I started looking into what or why is happening.

Thanks

This is when

0 Likes