cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

2022 AMD Smart Technology

Did you see AMD’s product announcements at CES? 2022 is shaping up to be a very interesting year for new laptops, especially if you’re a gamer! Check out the video if you haven't already and share your thoughts if you have time. 

More info: AMD Advantage Gaming Laptops

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
6 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Nice!

Omnipro
Adept II

Sound awesome, and would of been great for Valve's new Steam Deck.

Bad timing I guess.

Key-J
Paragon

I missed this presentation,

My first true gaming computer was actually a laptop back in 2008, so to see these developments is amazing! It sounds like they are really going to take the next leap in the world of mobile (not phone) gaming.

I especially think the AMD Smartshift Eco will be a well utilized and welcomed benefit to laptop gaming. I personally would be fine running my game not at the full 100% ultra settings if it meant that I was able to game longer on battery, I mean that's one of the main reasons why people buy gaming laptops - so that they aren't always forced to be plugged in and stationary.

Cool share @Ashley_AMD 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

I can't wait for the Alienware M17 R5 Ryzen Edition release! It will be great gaming on an all AMD powerhouse.

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans
drpluto
Adept III

impressive

I particularly figure the AMD Smartshift Eco will be an all around used and invited advantage to PC gaming. I for one would be fine running my game not at the full 100 percent ultra settings assuming it implied that I had the option to game longer on battery, I imply that is one of the principle justifications for why individuals purchase gaming workstations - so they aren't constrained all of the time to be connected and fixed.

0 Likes