cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPYC Discussions

derkaiservonhier
Journeyman III

RX 6800 weird purple/violet Outline around Textures

Hello, Im writing here because i noticed something odd about my Rx 6800 Gaming z Trio V1 from MSI and i hoped someone here might have had a similar experince in the past and may be able to help me. This pc is at most 4 weeks old at this point so you could say fairly new. ever since i built it i noticed something odd with the textures. For context im using a 144hz monitor 27 inches 1920x1080 resolution LG Ultra Gear supporting g-sync which i turned off. With a 27 Inch monitor and at a Resolution of 1920x1080 sharpening of the picture is a must otherwise the textures are just to blurry and you cant properly see anything on the screen. Otherwise i like to play with the saturation settings a bit to increase visual clearness and Color intensity. So here is what i noticed. When there is a bright color such as red for example and behind that bright color is a dark color like Blue or black, around the texture that has the bright color, a purple/violet outline appears. it looks very unnatural and not quite right. Ive seen it in two different games so it isnt game specific ( Hunt: Showdown, Star Wars: Jedi Survivor ). So i talked to the support from MSI which went through some steps with me trying to resolve the issue while i tried some things i knew that might be able to help. What i did :

-Clean installing the AMD Drivers with the AMD clean up Utility

-Checking PC Ram for issues 

- verifying the Games files 

- verifying Systemfiles

- Not using sharpening Filter as well as Saturation settings which made the purple/violet outlines much less pronounced but they were still slightly visible.

What i did with the support from MSI:

- Checking for a newer version of vBios for the Graphicscard via MSI Center (which there was none).

- checking and installing PCI/PCIE Network and AMD Chipset drivers which the last one of for some reason was not installed even though i checked it on first install of MSI Center. And a fresh new bios update which was at the time available. (Note: I updated the bios beforehand to a version which would support my 5800x3D before installing anything).

After going through these steps with the customer support from MSI i was told if none of this helped i should consider giving the graphicscard into repair or get a replacement but first i wanted to ask here if anyone had a similar issue before going through with that plan. after all there might be an easy fix for this and i could safe myself the trouble. and that is why i came here to ask if someone has or had a similar experince. if so what exactly is the deal here? Is the Card damaged? Does someone have a fix for this? thanks in advance very much appreciate the Help.

0 Likes
0 Replies