Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Wardpipe
Journeyman III

your rendering device has been lost - overwatch

Hello. 

First time posting here. 

I just built a brand new PC a few days ago. I'm currently getting the error "your rendering device has been lost" while playing Overwatch2. It has made it virtually unplayable. I was previously playing on an xbox and i was really excited to get back into pc gaming.  When I first got the pc built I didn't have any issues but I updated my drivers because, idk, I thought it would be a good idea? Oh man was I wrong.  I dont know what drivers it came with but now that i've updated it... nothing keeps it working. 

Specs
GIGABYTE X570S AORUS Elite AX Motherboard
Ryzen 7 5800 X3D
Power Cooler Red Devil Radeon 6750 XT
Gskill Trident Z RGB 3600 MHz 4x8gb
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB CPU Air Cooler

As of right now. I have Downloaded and attempted to use all three (3) of the current drivers available for my GPU. those are the 22.5.1 22.11.2 and the Pro 22.Q4.
none have had any effect.  And Yes, before you ask. I did use DDU to uninstall all my drivers in between. 
I at one point turned off SMT in the bios because i read that it might help. It did for a little while but I still get crashes. 
I also tried a trick to lock Voltage and Core Clocks I saw on Youtube for this issue. also no change. 

PLEASE. i'm begging you all and AMD. I bought this computer specifically to game on and i cant play at all. I'm barely literate with stuff like this. I just wanna play freaking OW2. IDK why stuff cant just work. : /

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What is the make/model of your power supply?

Are you running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU?

Is your motherboard's BIOS up to date?

Do you have the latest AM4 Chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

How are your CPU/GPU temps?

Is your RAM actually running at 3600? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

Do  you have issues with any other applications/games?

What are you running for anti-virus? other background programs?

ThreeDee PC specs

@ThreeDee BIOS and CPU drivers are up to date. tbh i am pretty afraid of updating my bios. I've heard you can really F up your pc if you do it wrong. 
And temps are all good when it crashes. i took a screen grab from Afterburner. Screenshot 2023-01-21 223839.png

0 Likes

I have done literally hundreds of BIOS flashes over the years with only one causality on and old Dell setup running their auto BIOS update tool thing

Don't run pigtail power .. run separate power cables

..and not a big fan of Thermaltake Smart series .. That could be your issue .. You should never put an 80 PLUS (White rated) in any PC you actually care about

My wife's old setup

3700x,2x16GB 2100,B550m Phantom Gaming 4,RX 550 2GB, Thermaltake Smart RGB 500wtt 80 PLUS (White rated) PSU, Win11

She was having issues with driver timeouts and other things that seemed like her GPU was at fault

Replaced her PSU with a Segotep 600wtt 80+ Gold PSU and all her issues went away

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Wardpipe
Journeyman III

Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+
Pigtailed power cable
I will check both BIOS and CPU drivers
Rams is running at 3600
I have had a crash in apex as well  after posting
I haven't even installed a new anti-virus. I've literally only installed Battle.net, Steam, Overwatch, apex, MSI afterburner and drivers. 

Gonna be honest. i'm really thinking about getting an Nvidia gpu. IDK man. i'm feeling pretty defeated after seeing all the other people with the same issues and very few people reporting fixes. 

0 Likes

IF you Go Nvidia .. make sure you get a better power supply first so you don't have similar issues 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
MrLeftCoast
Adept II

Use separate 8 pin cables for your GPU. If XMP is enabled for your ram, disable it and set the speed to what your cpu supports (3200). See if that helps.

use software like whocrashed to see if it will give you more info on the crashes you're experiencing.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You maybe wanna try go to windows device manager and uninstall the display adaptor deleting the drivers.. maybe run AMD cleanup utility and FACTORY RESET

in regedit find the microsoft directx subfolder in hkeycurrent user, its several microsofts down from the windows one.. or was it the microsoft one.. might be in a current controlset try deleting those directx sub folders that say things like directx12 microsoftbasicdisplayrenderer.. and have the DIRECTXFEATURELEVELC100 change that in editing it to be like FFFFF or whatever if u .. u know wanted to. But unseat the card, reseat it and check that all the power pins are in properly and its correctly mounted to the board. if you waterblocked it and liquid cooled it you maybe have a problem. sometimes its just leaning or 'sagging' a bit as its not 'fully' slotted in from the power or the pci express slot. but the cables dont fry or melt on this, if you used silly adaptors with lots of little pin connectors extra to pretend u had a powersupply with the right pins that would be your problem. modern power supplies are made modular and things and can supply a few mains rains bronze silver or gold stable power up to xxx watts. cheaper ones getting some adaptor cables can make it look like "it works i have the right cables" but not the right power source unfortunately. Also check in bios your PCI express stuff and reset bios to defaults and just enable PBO maybe set your XMP on but try it with it left to auto first. after the display driver installer has run for adrenaline from AMD go to C:\amd or where u unpacked to and point device manager to find the latest highest model in there.. if you've a 5700xt like me tell it to use a 7900xtx.. then if it complains just install it anyway and some things maybe wont look perfect, then swap back in device manager browse to the AMD folder have disk in device manager update the display driver and put it to your card and you may RTX on your 5700xt and have a better experience hopefully criminals put some scripts or something in so after your drivers installed it cripples them or has some tasks scheduler something ruins it.. just each time u reboot manually add your AMD STD2CHLPCM sound drivers for your GPU or the soundwire or the highdefinition audio from AMD ones from the adrenaline drivers unpacked and your display drivers, turn on all windows security AGAIN all hardware DEP all apps all exploit protect, delete restorepoints and disable system protection, each time u boot u gotta play a youtube video in edge browser and reconfigure toggle everything your OS maybe set no page file, maybe disable hibernate. maybe run defrag and make sure defrag isnt scheduled. consider possibly disabling drive indexing too.

0 Likes
MrLeftCoast
Adept II

After quick googling, this seems to be a Overwatch specific issue. Gamers with nVidia cards are having exact same issue with this game. Some people have solved the issue by undervolting their GPU's, others by changing graphics settings in the game. If both platforms, AMD and nVidia are having the same issue with this game, the culprit is probably the game itself.

Run a benchmark tool to stress test your GPU for about 30 min and see how it goes.