cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xeromedm
Journeyman III

XP-Pen display not working with Radeon RX 590

I have been killing myself for over 10 hours trying to get my new Artist 12 pro tablet working on my PC.

Here's the setup:

The RX 590 has 3 DP, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI ports.

I use dual monitors (Samsung connected to the DVI port, ASUS connected to HDMI port)

To accommodate the Artist 12 Pro's HDMI needs, I had to move my ASUS to one of the DP ports.

After installing the Pentablet application/driver, restarted.

The tablet displays the computer's regular boot screens, logos, etc mirroring what is on the main display, including the Windows logo. When the login screen appears, the tablet goes blank and stays that way after logging in.

Windows Display Settings detect there is a monitor connected but nothing is displayed.

Suspecting a driver issue, I booted to Safe Mode. The tablet mirrors the main display perfectly. So I KNOW the cables are connected correctly.

I also setup the tablet on a laptop, with no problems. So I KNOW all the tablet hardware is not faulty.

If I duplicate the main display to the tablet, I can even use the stylus on the tablet to move the mouse, so I KNOW the usb connections are working.

It sounds absolutely silly that I might have to return this tablet simply because it is incompatible with my graphics card driver.

Has anyone else run into this situation and solved it?

EDIT: I should now note that the laptop I tried before was an HP, non-Radeon-based machine. I have now tried this tablet on a separate Acer, Radeon-based gpu laptop and it also doesn't display in the same fashion as my PC.

I found this link, while not XP-Pen, it may help others but it did not help me: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/monitor-graphics-tablet-not-working-with-amd-radeon-dr...

0 Likes
1 Reply
cangzhi
Journeyman III

Open Radeon settings, then go to Display tab, on the monitor click Specs and go to the Override tab, disable HDCP and reboot.

Or you can contact the xp-pen tech support, they should have experience. In addition, If you want to buy a new pen tablet, pctechtest.com has some good recommendations.

0 Likes