Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

tudorut
Journeyman III

World of Warcraft crashes on DirectX 12 after a black screen

Hey everyone,

Ever since I have the RX 7900 XT, WoW is crashing with DX12 randomly.

If I go to DX11, the game works with no crashing, but the performance is bad.

Can you please provide a fix for your drivers or product?

A lot of people are complaining about this.

It's the first time when I search an issue online and I actually find so many people with the same identical issue as mine.

Here is another post on the WoW forums with people that have the same issue: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/black-screendriver-crash/1709429

Thanks!

5 Replies
rdawise
Adept I

I have the exact same model card and the exact same problem. Feels bad to have bought an 7900xt over Nvidia now....

0 Likes
Kitsùne
Journeyman III

Actually forced to use the -D3D11 command to force the game to D11 but it's unbearable the drop in performance it's been since November I tried several Drivers but a priori it's the same thing 

0 Likes
bimbom
Adept II

dropping in another reply to state the same. driver crashes and restarts. 7900xt

0 Likes
Vanthil
Adept I

If it helps AMD narrow down culprit and cause in any way I do not have this issue on my 6800XT.

However my friend with a 7900XT also has this issue.

If you boot into DX12 and just wait through the white-screen of death it will eventually load into the game. But he still reported for some reason in Mythic+ dungeons that it was too unstable. It was specifically M+. Every thing else seemed fine.

0 Likes
junneh
Adept I

Same here.

No issues on 6800 and 6900xt. But driver timeout crashes with new 7900xt. 

7700x - sam enabled.

0 Likes