cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GaborV
Adept I

World Of Goo lagging/stuttering on newer AMD drivers

Hello! A few days ago I updated my graphics driver from Adrenalin 23.2.2 to Adrenalin 24.1.1, and i noticed that World Of Goo started stuttering. Before the update it was running at 75fps smooth, but now its starting from 30fps, and while playing after some time it goes to as low as 10fps. I couldn't find any fix for this, except to downgrade my drivers. Is there someone else who experienced this?

Informations about my computer:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500
GPU: AMD Radeon RX6600 XT
RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz

19 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Have you tried 24.2.1 beta? It solved a lot of stutter issues.

0 Likes

Yes, right after i posted it, i found out about the beta, but it didn't solve the stuttering issues. I forgot to update the post about this

0 Likes

Thanks for trying. Did you send in a bug report?

0 Likes

Yes, i have sent a bug report, with a video included.

GaborV
Adept I

Edit: Here are two gameplay videos that show the stuttering:

https://youtu.be/OxxwtzRu1Z4
https://youtu.be/IHqtrhEfuAw

GaborV
Adept I

Out of curiosity, i tested it on Windows 10 too, and its the same as Windows 11

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

Same for me , very low fps.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
GaborV
Adept I

Same issue even with the newest driver

0 Likes
whitneywirght
Journeyman III

hy GoborV

It appears that updating your AMD graphics driver has caused lagging and stuttering issues in World Of Goo. Despite attempting to downgrade the drivers, the problem persists. Considering your system specifications, it's likely a software-related issue. You might find helpful solutions by checking for compatibility issues or reaching out to the game's developer or AMD support forums.

0 Likes

This isn't an issue with the game, it's with the drivers. Since on older drivers this problem doesn't exists. And, yes i have already reached out to amd about this, no reply from them

0 Likes

Keep sending the reports please.

IMPORTANT! When submitting a bug report against this driver, please make sure to include the following tag into the bug report description field using this format:

FORUM-DriverVersion-Username. For example, if your username was GAMER56 and the driver version was 24.3.1, use the tag FORUM-24-3-1-GAMER56

0 Likes

Sent another report using that format, i'll be waiting if they maybe reply back

I got it from the feedback thread and hope it helps.

Qwrty
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. I have tried everything except switching to old drivers. So I think it is the new drivers amd released.

Zenskas
Journeyman III

Same problem here, I have been trying to play World of Goo with both the latest update and the old 2008 settings in the config INI but the lag is too much to continue playing. The lag starts out annoying but not unplayable, but by a few levels into Chapter 2 it is well under 30fps. Restarting the game does not help in those levels so I stopped playing.  

Ryzen 7800X3D + Radeon 7900XT on latest 24.3.1 driver. Any game that can run on a modern copy of Windows should run beautifully with that hardware. I refuse to downgrade my drivers to last years version as I am also playing plenty of modern games such as Helldivers 2 and MW3 which need the latest driver to perform the best.  

It is a real shame as when I play through certain older titles it seems AMD drops the ball with new drivers introducing issues with those games. I recently had major graphical glitches in Alan Wake Remastered and performance problems with Wolfenstein: The New Order. Others online also found the same problems in those games with AMD hardware many years ago. The problems remain unaddressed so I'm not sure World of Goo will ever get fixed.

Playing the same games on my NVIDIA equipped SFF PC had no such problems using their latest drivers. As a big supporter and customer of AMD for many years this is a real shame as I feel I can only rely on their products working properly in the latest popular titles! 

I have submitted a bug report, so fingers crossed there is a resolution as this game is a classic. 

GaborV
Adept I

Is there anyone here who reported the issue and got a reply from AMD? Because, no reply from them for me yet.

0 Likes

I reported it 2 weeks ago and put down my email address but no reply. I ended up finishing the game on my NVIDIA RTX 4060 equipped PC, which performed flawlessly. 

It's a shame as World of Goo 2 is coming very soon so there will be a new generation of gamers who might be interested in playing the first game too. 

FGRL56
Journeyman III

I also have problems with the latest drivers, if I update the drivers to the latest I can't play Assassins creed unity on my Rx5500xt, with older drivers it runs on 80+ fps on high settings 1080p, and when I update the drivers I have to play on 720p and low to even be able to get to 40 fps and it has framedrops to 29 fps, which is unacceptable compared to the old driver on which the game stays between 70-90 fps and never goes as low as 70. I also have other games that had stutters and it is basically on every game I play, but with the drivers version 23.5.1 I can play all my games with zero problems and no stutters so I'm sticking to it until AMD fixes the latest drivers

0 Likes
GaborV
Adept I

Still not fixed in 24.4.1