cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joelbrace
Journeyman III

Windows not booting with newest Graphics drivers 23.7.1 with 7900XT

Having some issues with a new AM5 PC build where when I install the newest AMD drivers (23.7.1) I either fail to install the drivers (freezes) or if installed, it then fails to boot Windows. I have tried an older driver version (23.2.1) and everything seems fine... Just wondered if anyone had any ideas? I have the Sapphire version of the 7900XT with a 7800x3D CPU. I will attach my full specs.

Some things I have tried:

• Reinstalling Graphics drivers after cleaning using AMD clean up utility and DDU.
  • Reseating GPU and using different PCIE and power connectors.
  • Tried different RAM.
  • Tried RAM with expo on and off.
  • reset BIOS (also tried with removing CMOS battery).
  • GPU works in old computer using Z370 motherboard with i5 8600k with newest drivers.

I have contacted AMD about this issue but wondered if anyone had run into similar problems and managed to fix it?

Thanks guys.

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Eight Core CPU (4.2GHz-5.0GHz/104MB w/3D V-CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B650-PLUS (DDR5, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
2x16 DDR5 Vengeance 6000Mhz
Graphics Card
Sapphire 7900XT
M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

0 Likes
4 Replies
joelbrace
Journeyman III

So after some back and forth discussions with AMD support, they just said to revert to 23.2.1, submit a bug report and wait for newer GPU releases. Thanks AMD.

0 Likes
Veggu
Adept I

I am also having a Major issues with my 7900xt because I cant open radeon software

0 Likes
Gazorpazopr
Journeyman III

I am having almost the exact same issue with pretty much the same exact build. Sapphire Nitro + 7900 xtx and 7900X3D. My screen randomly went black earlier today and I was forced to restart my pc and reinstall my graphics drivers. After multiple restarts it’s to the point where I can’t even restart my pc and get it to display the BIOS. Sometimes I can get in for 2-3 mins but not before screen is black again. Not sure what to do, I’m thinking of returning the card but it looks and runs so well when it does work that I’m hesitant. Please let me know if any fix is found.

0 Likes

Have you tried the 23.2.1 drivers as a temporary fix?

0 Likes