Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jdelano
Adept I

Windows Insider Build 18908 - repeated GSOD

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am running 19.5.1 drivers on Windows insider build 18898 and everything is perfectly stable. However, when I update to 18908 my machine becomes completely unstable and I have to restore my Macrium backup and all is well again. I've attached a report from HWiNFO64 about my computer as well as some pictures of the GSODs, as I restored my machine the .dmp files are gone. One item that was reported was, faulting application dwm.exe 0xc0000005 faulting module atidxx64.dll.

While running 18908 I downloaded 19.5.2 drivers and performed a clean install to see if it would help, it didn't and the next 2 GSODs rendered Windows 10 unable to boot at all. Requiring booting from the recovery USB and restoring the backup I made prior to performing the windows update.

Anyone else in the Windows Insider program able to run 18908?

Ryzen 5 1600 Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 4GB ASRock B450M-HDV r4

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdelano
Adept I

Re: Windows Insider Build 18908 - repeated GSOD

Jump to solution

an update, MS released a new insider build 18912. It seems 18908 just had serious issues. The AMD Video driver seems to run well too.

2019-06-08.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

As far as I know, AMD doesn't support Windows Insider Windows versions. You need to put in a ticket with Microsoft Support for Windows Insiders.

Once the Preview Windows becomes available to the general public to download, that is when AMD will have drivers for it.

jdelano
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply, I have logged each of the GSODs that I could into the Feedback Hub MS uses and have paused updates to stay on 18898 until I can find/figure out a solution

kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Jump to solution

jdelano
Adept I

Jump to solution

an update, MS released a new insider build 18912. It seems 18908 just had serious issues. The AMD Video driver seems to run well too.

2019-06-08.png

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Mark the reply where you upgraded Windows to the next version solved your Video issues as "Correct".