cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rinko
Adept I

Windows 11 Insider Preview version 23550.1000 , AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.9.3 crash

After updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview version 23550.1000 (ni_prerelease), the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition app will crash when opening.

In the latest version of Windows 11 Insider Preview 23555.1000 (ni_prerelease) and the latest version of whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.9.3-win10-win11-sep25-rdna, the issue persists.

The driver is working normally, but the Adrenalin application flash retreat.

3 Replies
Royce1969
Journeyman III

I don't have the crash on mine, but any settings I change get reset every boot.  I noticed this when I applied the Windows Update.

To recreate the issue, I rebuilt Windows 11 from scratch.  Install AMD chipset, then install latest version of Adrenalin.  Everything works as it should.  Run through Windows Updates all the way through the most current...  Adrenalin settings are good all the way through 22H2 and all of its updates.  As soon as I turn on Insider Preview and allow it to install 23H2, Adrenalin loses its ability to keep settings on reboot.  Doing the AMD Cleanup utility or DDU and reinstalling AMD Adrenalin does not correct the issue.

Windows 11 23H2 also added a "Power" setting "Energy Recommendations" entry to "Lower your refresh rate to 60Hz to conserve energy", which is the likely disconnect where the driver detects a hardware issue on startup and does not apply the settings.  

It does seem like MS loves to break AMD drivers

rinko
Adept I

AMD rereleased 23.10.2, but to no avail.

"whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct19-rdna" does not solve the issue.

Same es previous: "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.10.2-win10-win11-oct17-rdna.exe"

*thumbs down*

This card did cost a fortune, AMD please fix this.