cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

envymia
Adept I

Windows 10 bugs after Ryzen installation

So, decided the other day to retire my FX8350 and buy a new Ryzen 5 1600X...

I've been going over some insane issues since then and I have to say probably a full windows 10 uninstall has to be done at this point.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this could be a driver issue or something else so I don't have to resort to losing files, because I don't have an extra HDD to move stuff to...

These are the issues I've noticed so far, and there's been no new program installations, and these issues were not happening at all before.

1- Faceit Client freezes when getting a match and doesn't respond.

2- Slack freezes after getting a message and doesn't respond

both of these screens can be minimized and maximized but you can't right click at the bottom to close and must delete using alt tab

3- windows bottom search bar and start up menu light up but don't respond to clicks

4- windows volume button doesn't work and you need to go into volume mixer to get it to work

5- windows calendar/time displays but you can't click on it.

6- right clicking desktop works but display/personalize settings dont work

7- amd radeon settings doesnt respond

It's so odd....

I got a B350 Gaming plus motherboard and 16GB of DDR4 RAM

so it's impossible programs should hang like this.

Is there some drivers I need to install?

0 Likes
2 Replies

First thing I would do is update all your Motherboard's  drivers from MSI Support. I notice it has a very new BIOS that supports Raven Ridge CPU's plus a huge AMD Chipset (12/2017) that supports Bristol Ridge and Summit Ridge CPU's.: Support For B350 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global​ You didn't mention what version of Windows you have so i inputted Windows 10 x64:

AMI BIOS

Version

7A34vM7

Release Date

2018-01-29

File Size

9.7 MB

Description

- Improved memory compatibility.
- Improved PCIE device compatibility.
- Update AGESA Code 1.1.0.1 to support Raven Ridge CPU.

Win10 64

System & Chipset Drivers

Title

AMD Chipset Driver

Version

Release Date

2018-02-09

File Size

212.61 MB

Note

Support Raven Ridge CPU

Title

AMD Chipset Driver

Version

Release Date

2017-12-29

File Size

1098.5 MB

Note

- Include AMD SMBus Driver、GPU Display Driver、AMD USB Controller Driver(only WIN7).

Microsoft Win7 Hotfix installation is required for AMD Chipset Driver to be installed successfully.

Support Bristol Ridge CPU、Summit Ridge CPU.

Found that the Ryzen 5 1600x is a Summit Ridge CPU.

0 Likes
supervargen
Challenger

Did you change cpu and motherboard without reinstalling win 10?? Bad idea.
Start with a full format and a fresh win 10.

Then install all drivers for your motherboard.

My advise is to stick with ReLive 17.10.3 after a new win 10 installation. Only use newer driver if you need them.

"3- windows bottom search bar and start up menu light up but don't respond to clicks

4- windows volume button doesn't work and you need to go into volume mixer to get it to work"

These are problems that came with the latest big update from Microsoft. All drivers after ReLive 17.10.3 can make it worse.

I had these problems, it went away after DDU a couple of times and then use ReLive 17.10.3.

0 Likes