cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kreb
Journeyman III

Windows 10 Boot

Hey this is the second time im doing this. My computer just randomly stopped working and went to the bios screen. So it means my windows was uninstalled or something of that sort. I have a bootable usb to sign into windows again and everything, however no devices or drives popping up to continue the windows installation and boot up my computer. I have B550 Gaming X V2 motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor and I have literally tried installing the drives like I did last time and the drivers magically pop up again but it did not work this time so its annoying because I do not know why my computer does this and every youtube video I see uses intel drivers and processors to help with the problem but I cant do that because I am using AMD obviously. I know someone has to have had this problem with AMD can I please get help.

0 Likes
12 Replies

Was there any pop-up error?

Did you happen to notice if you have multiple duplicate boot options in bios?

Or try 'boot to advanced startup options', Tuts. on the web.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have my sadisk partion 1 and sandisk as my boot options with my usb in when I look at my bios...I can get to the windows screen, put in my product key, but when I get to drivers it shows no drivers or ig you would say my ssd to boot windows and allow me to continue to install windows. I have used this computer before because I built it in may 2022 so everything is new and should not be working. This is the second time windows just randomly uninstalled on my pc and then took me bios center as if I have not booted the pc already before. It is weird and confusing because it happens to so many more poeple than I expected it is just I am using AMD stuff and not intel like a lot of the youtube videos with my problem shows but I cannot install intel drivers it has to be AMD and it seems all the ones I was supposed to install or have installed doesnt work. Because it worked last time but not this second time it happened. I hope all of that makes sense.

0 Likes

List all hardware components in the pc (make & model).

Are you running dual OS?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

SSD: TEAMGROUP MP33 1TB SLC Cache 3D NAND TLC NVMe 1.3 PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive SSD

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor

GPU: MSI MECH 2X Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card

RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

0 Likes
Kreb
Journeyman III

D346E7DF-C76E-4270-8AFB-DCD7D25D4802.jpeg

this is where i cant get past it’s like the same as when i booted my pc up for the first time ever…the first time i ever built my pc my ssd popped right up and it was easy install then bam few months down the line my pc just uninstalls windows two times and i have to go through this again. 

idk if it’s my ssd or what but it can’t be anything because i put the pc together perfectly and it was working great since i built it in may 2022 and then for some reason windows just uninstalls and then i try to reinstall windows to boot up my pc again and my ssd doesn’t show up or whatever is supposed to show up. like i said this is the second time this has happened in the last month and a half when it first happened this is the second time i fixed it the first time downloading “the right drivers” then i try that again and it doesn’t work and then nothing else works then every other video i look for is dealing with intel processors and drivers and what not which AMD can’t even use..i hope everything is making sense to you guys i’m fairly new to pc i just switched from console a few months ago.

0 Likes

Hello Kreb,

Just becuase the drive is not being listed as an option within the Windows installer, does not mean it is not being detected.

1. Use Shift + 10 to open Command Prompt.
2. Then enter command "Diskpart".
3. Enter "List Disk"

If your disk shows up, you could probably "Clean" the disk and then complete the re-install. As for actually diagnosing the causality of your issues, I would probably point my blame to Windows or the drive itself and not AMD.

To clean the disk. (This will erase all content, data, and settings)

4. Run command "Select Disk #" 
     4a. "#" being whatever the disk number is listed as when you entered "List Disk".
5. Run command "Clean".
6. Restart computer into the installer, and it should be present.

If your version of Windows supports Dynamic Disks, you can try to set that up within Disk Manager after installation. From personal experiences it has fixed weird misaligned I/O errors with SSDs. Check YouTube or Microsoft documentation for a How-To on that.

0 Likes
Kreb
Journeyman III

that doesn’t work i’m already knowing the only disk that shows up is the usb that windows is installed on and it comes up as disk 0 and i would be wiping the usb that windows is on with those commands.

0 Likes

In the 'boot to advanced.......' tutorials there is an option to select 'UEFI firmware settings'.

Try that and if you see multiple entries change it to one of the others (with no USB stick connected).

Also try asking on https://www.tenforums.com/ the gurus there can probably offer other options.

0 Likes

Reading through the thread sounds like either a defective Motherboard or SSD or some hardware is incompatible with your Motherboard.

The only way Windows will physically uninstall by itself is, in my opinion, hardware failing. SSD going bad or Motherboard going bad or possibly the CPU.

From your Motherboard's Specs M.2A_CPU is powered by the CPU : M.2 connector (M2A_CPU), integrated in the CPU, supporting Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SSDs

While M.2B_SB is powered by the Chipset: M.2 connector (M2B_SB), integrated in the Chipset, supporting Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SSD

If you connect your Windows SSD to slot M.2B-SB and everything work fine than it is either the CPU or Motherboard issue for slot M.2A_CPU. But if the same thing happens in slot M.2B_SB than it sounds like the SSD issue.

Have you run any SSD Diagnostic Tools to see if it passes its tests. Like Seagate's Sea Tools.

Downloaded your Motherboard's M.2 Compatible list this is the only MP33 I found a MP33PRO. Not sure if that is the one you have listed:

Screenshot 2022-11-03 080841.png

The above list is from 10/15/2021 so it is fairly to date.

If Windows Installation doesn't see your SSD then restart your Computer using the Windows Installation to enter Safe Mode.

Then start Diskpart. Run it and see if you see your SSD in the list. Here is how to use Diskpart from MS: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/diskpart

Using DiskPart you can completely erase your SSD and create a new Partition. The above link gives you all the basic Command lines to use.

Once you do that see if the SSD now shows up in Windows Installation program.

Otherwise I suggest you borrow  another M.2 SSD to see if everything works fine or not. Or install your Windows SSD in another computer and see if it is recognized or not.

That should be able to narrow the hardware that is causing you problems.

EDIT: I did forget something that happened to me while doing a clean install of Windows 11. This really doesn't have anything to do with your present issue but I felt as a future reference.

When I did a Clean Windows 11 Install one of my 4 Partitions was too small in size. It was one of Windows critical partitions that is created it was the EFI System partition.

Because of that I couldn't backup my computer because it kept telling me the source HDD was full. Found out the EFI System should have been minimum of 100MB large but instead a 75MB partition was created erroneously.

After using a Partition Program I expanded the 2 critical Partition by several MB. After I had no more issues doing a System Backup.

0 Likes

If I misunderstood your problem I apologize.

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Can it be because you only have MPT partition on drives and disabled CSM compatability mode, rendering them invisible?
Well, windows installer should've told you this though. 

Can you see drives in BIOS?

Could've you randomly enabled RAID mode? Windows likely doesn't see hardware RAID without specific driver

Possible solutions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-device-drivers-were-found-when-installing/7...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-install-iso-from-usb-cannot-find-an...

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/hard-drive-not-detected-during-windows-installatio...

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/harddrive-errors/fix-hard-drive-not-detected-in-windows-10-install...

Just filter out some information from search engine. Don't install random programs in hopes. It is either hardware related issue, or driver-in-image related issue (no suitable driver found in .iso)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be certain you arent attempting to install to NVME or RAID .. if you are you have the necessary DRIVER FILES on usb or disc ready and enter them when selecting the drive to install windows on.

it may be that you had sata raid or NVME enabled in bios and your bios was updated or reset and those things arent set how they were before. Most computers and in almost every situation you install the OS to the lower latency SSD drives. the NVME drive is for large files like many GB.. the OS is a bunch of smaller files so its often not able to boot from NVME if you installed to it. recent boards let you boot from NVME with drivers but its not advised.

ensure your secure boot is enabled in bios, and in windows you do the hardware DEP for all software and set all exploit protection on and enable core isolation and memory integrity. If your OS had a virus thats ruining it you may need to bios secure erase wipe the drives before you can reinstall with it gone.

0 Likes