cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LewsTherin
Adept I

Why is Amuse not working?

So I saw some notes about this Amuse software in the latest driver notes. I downloaded the latest driver from a few days ago: 24.8.1. I downloaded Amuse. Tried to generate an image and it had me download a module from the internet first. Then I got errors. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall without success. What am I doing wrong here? 

Errors are [ErrorCode:RuntimeException] Exception during initialization, followed by a bunch of stuff. Then another error that says Object Reference not set to an instance of an object. 

  

Screenshot 2024-09-01 135048.png

Screenshot 2024-09-01 135053.png

  

0 Likes
4 Replies
satothelala
Journeyman III

Same problem here. Same error (with slight number variation at the "Exception:" part depending on which action you are trying to make). There is no user on the PC called "hisha". The app is trying to look for dll in a user folder that simply does not exist and never existed. Maybe there is some hard coded error? I mean it is still in beta.

I FIGURED IT OUT
The Program needs to be on system drive. I had it on my F: drive. When I copied it to my C: Drive and changed downloads folder location, it started to work like a charm.

0 Likes

This doesn't work; my installation was already on the C drive.

It almost appears to be "random". Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when EZmode errors if you switch to advanced it will work and vice versa.

Clearly someone made an error and hardcoded a path that doesn't exist.

The question is, who do we report this to in order to get it fixed?

0 Likes

I would open both a AMD SUPPORT Ticket (https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html) and the developers of Amuse program.

EDIT: found the Release Notes that mentions Amuse program from version 24.8.1:

• AI on Radeon™

•  Support and optimizations for the latest 2.1 version of Amuse application with FLUX.1 model support.
      • Amuse 2.1 is supported on
        • Radeon™ 7000 Series
        • Ryzen™ AI 300, 8040 & 7040 Series
      • FLUX.1 model is supported on
        • Radeon™ RX 7900 series, AMD Radeon™ PRO W7900 and AMD Radeon™ PRO W7800 graphics cards.
        • Minimum 32GB system RAM required.
      • Click HERE for more information. 

Here are some previous similar Amuse threads at AMD and other forums:

https://community.amd.com/t5/ai-discussions/amuse-2-0-crashing-on-start-up/m-p/699061

Screenshot 2024-09-07 155120.png

From Amuse Support site: https://www.amuse-ai.com/

Screenshot 2024-09-07 155319.png

From WindowEleven Tech site concerning Amuse 2.0 BETA: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/amd-introduces-amuse-2-0-beta-with-amd-xdna-super-resolution-a-fully-l...

Download Link: Amuse 2.0.0 (Beta)
Amuse 2.0.0 Beta auto detects and auto configures for your device. The official recommended system specifications for both discrete and integrated solutions are given below:

• AMD Ryzen™ AI 300 series processors with 24GB of RAM or higher
  • AMD Ryzen™ 8040 series processors (AMD XDNA™ Super Resolution requires the latest OEM MCDM and NPU driver update) with 32GB of RAM
  • Radeon™ RX 7000 Series Graphics Cards

When starting up Amuse for the first time, you will be able to breeze through the installation process just like any other software and should eventually arrive on the window shown below. If an AMD XDNA™ NPU was successfully detected by the application, the AMD XDNA™ Super Resolution toggle will automatically be checked. As of right now, the only AMD family of products officially supported by AMD XDNA™ Super Resolution are Ryzen AI™ 300 Series and Ryzen™ 8000 Series (with the required OEM driver update) processors.

0 Likes
lucyvictoria
Adept I

It seems Amuse is having trouble initializing with the latest driver (24.8.1). Here’s a concise troubleshooting guide:

1. Ensure Compatibility: Check if Amuse is compatible with driver version 24.8.1.
  2. Verify Module: Confirm the module you downloaded is correctly installed.
  3. Clean Reinstall: Uninstall Amuse, remove leftover files, reboot, and reinstall the latest version.
  4. Update Drivers: Ensure all related drivers are up-to-date.
  5. Check Dependencies: Ensure any additional dependencies for Amuse are installed.

If problems persist, consult the software's support or community forums for detailed help.