cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SkipRat
Adept I

Why is Adrenalin changing my performance settings?

I have my own settings that I use for my 7900xt,  It is quiet and the GPU hot spot is about 70C.

Why does your software keep resetting my profile, when games etc are not crashing.

I am autistic and I hate change, so why are you changing my settings every single day, as now, every single day I want to put a hammer through my card.

Can you please stop it.

Seriously, it really is annoying the living hell out of me.

Never going to buy an AMD card again.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SkipRat
Adept I

Does anyone have anything on the this?

Seriously, my adrenalin software keeps on changing my clock settings etc.  Without any imput from me.

Is anyone else experiencing stuff like this?

0 Likes
dpteam
Journeyman III

This issue can be particularly distressing if you prefer a consistent setup and have tailored your settings for specific needs. Here are some steps and considerations that might help address and resolve the problem:

Possible Reasons and Solutions

1. Driver Updates: Sometimes, new driver updates can reset profiles to ensure compatibility and stability. To minimize this, you can opt to defer updates or manually install them after verifying their stability.

2. Profile Conflicts: Ensure that your custom profiles are not conflicting with global settings or game-specific profiles that might override your custom configurations.

3. Software Bugs: There may be bugs in the software causing settings to reset. Ensure you are using the latest version of Adrenalin software, as updates often include bug fixes.

4. Permissions Issue: Running Adrenalin with insufficient permissions might prevent it from saving settings properly. Try running the software as an administrator.

Steps to Mitigate the Issue

1. Backup Your Profile:

• Open the AMD Adrenalin software.
    • Go to the "Performance" tab and then to "Tuning".
    • Save your custom profile settings.
    • Regularly back up these settings to quickly restore them if they get reset.
  2. Disable Auto-Updates:

• Open the AMD Adrenalin software.
    • Go to "Settings" (gear icon).
    • Under the "System" tab, disable automatic updates.
  3. Check for Conflicting Software:

• Ensure no other software (e.g., game launchers or system optimizers) is modifying your GPU settings.
    • Disable or uninstall any such software to prevent conflicts.
  4. Clean Installation:

• Uninstall the current Adrenalin software completely.
    • Use the AMD Cleanup Utility to ensure all remnants are removed.
    • Reinstall the latest version from the AMD website.
  5. Community and Support:

• Visit AMD support forums and communities to see if others are experiencing similar issues and possible solutions they might have found.
    • Contact AMD Support directly with detailed information about your issue. They might have a specific fix or be able to provide further assistance.

Additional Tips

• Document Your Settings: Keep a written record or screenshots of your custom settings for easy reference.
  • Check System Stability: Sometimes hardware issues can cause software settings to reset. Ensure your system, particularly the GPU, is functioning properly.

Conclusion

If these steps do not resolve the issue, continuing to contact AMD Support and providing them with feedback is essential. Let them know about your situation and how important it is for you to have stable settings due to your autism. They might prioritize a fix or offer a workaround.

0 Likes
SkipRat
Adept I

It is really really important, as I can get violently angry and break stuff.  Microsoft is another source of anguish for me.  I keep setting up my Windows exactly how I like it, then Microsoft come along and change it at all.

My profiles are backed up already.
I regular reinstall windows as I like an optimised system
I don't think I have conflicting software as I generally have almost nothing running in teh background.
I have now switched off automatic updates.
I load pre-saved settings after an update.

This has been happening for months now

So annoying

0 Likes