cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rust
Adept II

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

Maybe they forget about c.rap Ubisoft Assasins/Far Cry/Dogs clone games but no one will forget AAA

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Re: Where are the new drivers? The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt is out? Is that why I bought AMD over Nvidia?

“Participation in the Gameworks program often precludes the developer from accepting AMD suggestions that would improve performance directly in the game code—the most desirable form of optimization.”

So a partner studio like Ubisoft can suggest or write enhancements to the GameWorks libraries, but AMD isn’t allowed to see those changes or suggest their own.

“The code obfuscation makes it difficult to perform our own after-the-fact driver optimizations, as the characteristics of the game are hidden behind many layers of circuitous and non-obvious routines,” Hallock continues. “This change coincides with NVIDIA’s decision to remove all public Direct3D code samples from their site in favor of a ‘contact us for licensing’ page. AMD does not engage in, support, or condone such activities.”

Recent examples of Nvidia GameWorks titles include Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, and this week’s highly anticipated Watch Dogs.

Read the article >  Why 'Watch Dogs' Is Bad News For AMD Users -- And Potentially The Entire PC Gaming Ecosystem - Forbe...

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

I'm fully with you but theres something else here. I think its more complicated matter. Of course GameWorks exist with some specific purpose and thats no riddle. But there are so many reports on AMD not getting enough interest and involvement so its also very worrying. AMD is getting a.ss kicked every time AAA going on market. Too many times lately. Strange driver update startegy doesnt help. Just look how good are those drivers and how frequently those are relased. Something vorries me about that. Thats too little support for their good cheap videocards. AMD plese I dont want to go back to nvidia's good expensive videocards, please..

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

Still your issue is something else entirely: a driver to solve a Switchable graphics-issue on a Laptop, using Linux, is something very different compared to a driver for a game which millions play.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

It's the Memorial Day holiday

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

I see its marked resolved now, So we are wasting time here Good to know

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

Thank god they work in Poland, new patch 1.04 is out

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

We honor the men and women who have died in our wars one day a year. Those that we honor are the reason your country can work today and not speak German.

0 Likes

Or Spanish or French.

0 Likes
rust
Adept II

What do you honor is your choice. I dont see my country of origin or china india or any other interested in it. No one expresses a lack of respect for it so Keep it for yourself. Thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm German.

0 Likes