cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bobkn
Journeyman III

When installing AMD software on Raedon RX 480, I receive two error codes, first 1603

I have an RX-480 Nitro graphics card that i purchased from sapphire.  Unfortunately they do not provide enough support to resolve my issue.  I have attempted to install amd drivers with the auto detect option.  I have removed the old drivers utilizing both amd removal and ddu.  when attempting to install normally, I receive a 1603 error.  I have followed all steps under that error code troubleshooting.  I boot system to safe mode, run the removal program, then attempt to install the drivers in safe mode.  I receive an error code 99 and have followed all the instructions for that problem.  Still, I am unable to get the drivers to install.  with the 1603 error, the problem is windows update attempting to install their version of amd software and I end up in the same routing.  I am running windows 10, with 16gb of onboard memory in an asus B350M-A motherboard and an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 APU.  I have looked for resolution but nothing seems to work, sapphire blames it on the software and drivers.  that is all i can get out of them for assistance.  Can you give me a route to resolve the issue.  I would like to use the amd drivers but windows 10 update keeps installing their drivers.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Go to https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1977-windows-10-tutorial-index.html

Look for these options(vary depending on vers./edition),

One option on it's own usually will not work on Home vers.(I have Pro with 3 GP mods.).

Then try a manual full driver package download/install (custom install option has a clean install choice).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..