cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

unityplusplus17
Journeyman III

What is AMD user experience program and why is it using my camera

I got a new webcam and for some reason all my apps are saying that is "in use." After some troubleshooting, I realize somthing called AMD User Experience program installer was using my Camera. Is this legit but poorly programmed software or is this Malware? If it is malware, how do I remove it?AmdSpyware2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

it might gather data from the Camera and Microphone since AMD Driver (Part of which is AMD HD Audio Driver) uses those two hardware in running AMD Relive I assume and possibly other Radeon features.

It probably doesn't collect video or audio files that you create or are being created but see how the driver is functioning with those 2 hardware. just giving a educated guess.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That is a program where AMD gather data for its research.

Here is AMD explanation of AMD User Experience and how to opt out: https://www.amd.com/en/legal/privacy/user-experience-program.html

Transparency and Choice

Participation in AMD’s User Experience Program is voluntary, and you can choose to participate and help us improve our products via an explicit consent opt-in box found during installs of Radeon Settings. You can change your mind at any time and withdraw from the program through Radeon Settings which stops all logging and sharing of information to AMD. By withdrawing your consent from the User Experience Program, the software related to this functionality will be uninstalled. Drivers and user-related features will not be altered.

You can opt-out (stop participating) in the User Experience Program via the Radeon Settings user interface by going to Radeon Settings (located within the system icons tray), navigating to the preferences tab and selecting “Leave AMD Experience Program.”

0 Likes

Ok, cool, but that does not explain why it was using my Camera when AMD's program clearly states that it does not collect audio and video data from microphone or webcam. I just opted out. It looks like the software stopped accessing

it might gather data from the Camera and Microphone since AMD Driver (Part of which is AMD HD Audio Driver) uses those two hardware in running AMD Relive I assume and possibly other Radeon features.

It probably doesn't collect video or audio files that you create or are being created but see how the driver is functioning with those 2 hardware. just giving a educated guess.