cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Darkenend
Adept I

Weird Reference 6950 XT Crash

So basically I just switched my GPU to an RX 6950 XT, and for some reason, I'm having some sort of crashes where all my screens go black, but the computer keeps running, I hear audio still playing and all that stuff. First I also encountered this when booting back my PC and only having 1 screen on:

FuyefZ9WYAAJKhw.png

I said "Okay, time to disable Windows Update."

After doing so, I didn't get this prompt, but I still got the crash, though now the two screens worked fine.
I tried the two latest versions of the drivers (23.4.2 and 23.4.3)
On both times, I've heard the notification of Windows "removing a device", I assume it's the GPU in some way?

I have no idea what it causes it, as I was running MWII yesterday fine, but this morning I tried out Assetto Corsa Competizione, Honkai Star Rail and F1 22 and they all crashed the same way.

1 Solution
Darkenend
Adept I

After trying out a few different things, I'm sending it back and getting a replacement, this was a VERY STRANGE issue, because it seems to happen only on games, Furmark stood 10 minutes of stress test without any problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Darkenend
Adept I

After trying out a few different things, I'm sending it back and getting a replacement, this was a VERY STRANGE issue, because it seems to happen only on games, Furmark stood 10 minutes of stress test without any problems.

0 Likes