cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

illym
Journeyman III

Wattman the devil

Is there really a fix for the "Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure" and the stuttering screen? Ever since in a while I get those problems. Then I just spam my pc with google fixes and it works some months, then somehow it happens again. Not even quantum particles behaviors is so unpredictable than this Radeon problem. By the way, I don't know if this is the correct section to post this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure.
When the GPU meets a hardware failure, the driver software resets itself to factory settings and saves you from critical errors by preventing the computer from freezing or restarting. Generally, users who make GPU OC are likely to meet this error message. If OC is not done, doing the opposite might solve the problem. So maybe this problem can be solved with underclocking and underpower.

0 Likes
addisongeek
Adept I

I just installed the recent version and only made a change to have the fans run at idle.  I don't play games, so I don't overclock.  Since then, I have encountered the WattMan error, whereupon my keyboard and mouse won't respond; this requires a hard reset, which is very annoying.  I am running Window 10 2004 (Build 19041.508) on an ASRock mobo, Intel Core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, and a Samsung 970EVO.  My graphics card is an XFX RX-590.

0 Likes

Reset your BIOS and underclock your GPU with WattMan... 200Mhz... If not... Retire the GPU... That's simple... Goodbye... So, 8700 processor system will not crash...

0 Likes