cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AlexWhite645
Adept I

Watch dogs 2 crashes on rdna2 gpu

The problem is, in game hud and shadows flicker a lot then game crashes to desktop with no error message or a system log entry. This happens on any driver above 22.5.1 (famous wddm 3.0 half-a-year recommended), i hoped this will be fixed in next recommended release, but it was not. So please team red get on it, this game is too nice not to play it at 4k maxed out, now that i switched from gtx 1070 to 6800xt. Please fix this!

System config is

Windows 11 22h2, ryzen 2600 no oc, 16gb ram@3000mhz xmp, gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard, rx 6800xt, 750w psu

Dont make me regret switching to team red.

8 Replies

pure trolling not helping anyone, apparently you don't understand what a support forum is for

not answering for weeks and now that .. irrelevant, .. your case is not a generality

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

i would ask ubisoft why their games always crashes ... (no error message is potentially more of a game crash than a driver crash ... driver crash gives you a driver message)

just to check if i had the same situation , how much time can you play without crashing ?

0 Likes

From 1 to 5 minutes

0 Likes

ok..ubisfoft support on forum says to play" borderless mode" seems to fix the problem for several persons...so seem that support  is aware of it , but .. yeah not a lot to wait for... did you try that ?

0 Likes

I've tried everything, even installed windows 10 and fresh set of latest drivers. Nothing helps, but rolling drivers back to wddm 3.0. Only hope is, when they release a driver common to 7000 and 6000 series, it will magically run fine. Still, things could be worse, this is just one game. But software devs must investigate this, leaving things as it is in unacceptable, no wonder people dont buy amd, steam stats is less than 10%

0 Likes

sorry ! can't help with ubisoft games , happened too much time , so much i said i would never buy a ubisoft game again .. but yeah .. forgot it "and read game patch notes" lol

nevertheless , maybe checking other things ... maybe check your psu  .. may be the minimal requirement but if too cheap or old ... and as you "tried everything" else ... how did you plug your gpu to psu ? 1 ou 2 separated cables ?

0 Likes

20230114_121031.jpg

 psu is brand new be quiet pure power 11 750w, it has two 12v lanes, connected to each one with separate cable.

0 Likes

ok should be good , testing psu limiting , you can try to underclock gpu so that it's power draw not hitting psu too much to see , even cpu underclock to have leeway ..and check if there is a change

than you can try to disable xmp/docp to see if it's ram timings related (not that the ram could be defective , but sometime there can be compatibility issue relative to bios version  etc)

0 Likes