cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Warzone2 Season3 error directX help

Please help me, i have an absurd problem born only yesterday (before yesterday never had such problems), when i updated Warzone to the latest season 3, if launching the game  (battle.net client) get istant DirectX error 0x887a0005 etc, i also updated the drivers to Adrenalin 23.4.1 but nothing. Try different solution on YT tried over 20 solutions...all failed (over 7 hours of trying fix).

Finally formatted, installed pure win10 Msdn and updated only system files and drivers (no other software installed) and downloaded warzone2, same error.

My pc
Main: Asus Rog Strix 570 E Gaming
Cpu: Ryzen 3900 X
Gpu: Vega 56

Help please 

Note: warzone2 season 1 and 2 never had similar problems, work fine, only season3 give me this problem.

season32.png

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience. This issue has now been addressed via a game update released by the developer today. Please can users download the update via Battle.net/Steam and provide your feedback in this thread.

View solution in original post

327 Replies

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just had my first crash. You may have jumped the gun Matt. Why on earth have you already posted that it's been fixed when clearly, after just 5 min of playing, it's back to the same friggin issue?

What graphics card do you have?

Sapphire 7900XTX running at stock. 

Matt, I’d just like to honor your polite responses , and say that I truly do admire your coolness and level head! Well done. I’m a IT Pro and I understand that AMD is not the cause of this issue experienced. More so game Devs in regards to Anti cheat coding. But nevertheless thank you AMD family for keeping us informed even though it was never your issue in the first place , thank you for making amazing products at amazing retail prices . I will never stop supporting AMD, you guys are legends! King regards Mekael.  

Hi, after the last update the game is working smoothly, finally! I have to say, it also seems to me that the graphics have improved.

Thank you

0 Likes

I had a similar problem today when I wanted to play with my friend. After launching the game, it did not start and gave me an error "0x887A005 (0x887A007) (6070) D". I did not experience this error on the first and second seasons, but after the update on May 11th, it appeared. I have tried more than 15 methods to fix it, but nothing helped.

My PC specifications are as follows:

• Model: LENOVO IdeaPad Gaming 3
  • CPU: AMD Radeon 5 5600H
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 laptop GPU.photo_2023-05-13_18-59-06.jpg

0 Likes

23/5/2023

58003DX with saphire 7900xtx

i have the same crashes & restarts of pc for ranked mode in season 3.

why AMD? 1300€ gpu...

0 Likes

But it hasn't. I load up the game MW2 from.battlenet. and load into a warzone or dmz. Al mazrah 1st game crashes.. then gives me the same error code. Now when I load the game back up it gives me the load safe setting recommend if I click yes it works perfect.  Until I close it down and it gives me the same option.  Never had this will I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and now It happens 3 4 times a night 

Pc specs

3800xt on strix x570-f MB

3600mhz corsair ram

6800xt gpu. 

0 Likes

I have amd ryzen 3 3200g with radeon vega 8

And i am getting the same "direct x" error and "the application has unexpectedly stopped" error

I have tried every possible fixes from YouTube (till the season 3 release) and nothing helped

Please help!! 

0 Likes

Llevo teniendo problemas con Warzone 2 desde que adquirí mi RX 6700 xt, con DirectX, sigo teniendolo... tengo precomprado CoD MW3, espero que cuando salga la beta pueda jugarlo.. si no dinero tirado en AMD y Activision...

0 Likes

the error is back for wz2 season2 patch.

but not only doe vega graphic cards, now all 6* /7* Series.

Can u get in contact with activsion or something else? it is unplayable

Hello Matt,

yes I know this thread was last used in 2023 but I now have this problem. I have moved from a 1070Ti to a 7800XT - ran DDU and installed the latest drivers.

Crashed.

Checked forum - changed run commands so that DX11 would be used.

Crash.

Forum....Tried an older Driver .

Crash.

Lowered my settings from extreme to ultra to high to balanced ......

Crash.

Is my new card faulty?

Current Setup

ASRock B550M Mainboard

Saphire 7800 XT Graka

64Gb DDR4 3600

Ryzen 7 5800X

No overclocking - card is vanilla - cpu is not overclocked.

0 Likes
paul-
Adept I

Working now finally!

Gaz936
Adept II

Still the bloody same...

IMG_5116.jpg

DId you install the latest update? ( S3 reloaded ) if Yes run a "verify files" check and see if it works

0 Likes

same error for me 

0 Likes
Eador
Adept I

I just updated with my ryzen 7 5700u , I will inform you tomorrow 

0 Likes
Burtlongtime
Adept II

Glad I didn't bother reinstalling my 7900xtx paper weight......

0 Likes
Spuds_
Adept I

IT WORKS.

BUT MY IDEA NOT CHANGES.

I BUY A NVIDIA GPU.

THX FOR ALL AMD, BUT NOW YOU CAN'T APOLOGIZE LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.

BYE

A mi me parece que esto ha sido un despropósito y es un fallo más que gordo,tanto por parte Activision como por AMD.

No sé qué clase de comunicación existe entre ambas compañías,pero deja mucho que desear.

En mi humilde opinión , Activision lo único que mira es el dinero y mientras ellos sigan cobrado por tonterías como sacar skins más que recauchutados y armas con distintos colorines y tonterías... les da igual.

Y tengo claro que una empresa debe de ganar dinero .....pero si quiere mantener clientes,ha de ser rápida en soluciones y respuestas.

Ellos ganan lo mismo o más ,estemos lo cuatro pelagatos con AMD o no.

AMD ha tenido parte de responsabilidad, debería presionar para que esto no vuelva a pasar.

Y lo dice uno que se iba a comprar una gráfica AMD....

Para mí la solución llega tarde ,lo siento pero con estas cosas ha ganado Nvidia,sin ni siquiera querer.

Yo ya soy uno que a ser posible AMD nunca más.

Saludos chicos.

Getupaaaah
Adept I

Installed the new update and could finally play again without any problems. I've got a Vega 64 

0 Likes
Alejo1338
Journeyman III

Gráfica integrada Ryzen 7 5700g funcionando bien con el parche de hoy. 

0 Likes
Vega56
Adept I

I can finally play but I still get flickering at the right side of the screen when loading into dmz, and when using dragons breath ammo on semiautopumpgun

0 Likes
drywax3d
Adept I

All working for me now I'd say thanks but on this occasion I wouldn't mean it!!!

0 Likes

You admitted yourself it was an issue with the game developers on the server side of things, yet for some reason you kept posting for Amd to answer something NOT RELATED TO THEM and they they honestly could not answer even if they wanted since you know that little problem in the way which  is they DID NOT MAKE THE GAME.
And you expected AMD to do what, go spank them, then fix the game for them, to then come tell you it's done?

Guys I'm happy for all of you, that you can finally play with your amd cards.

This experience helped me a lot, I understood how AMD works, completely ignoring its customers.

I'm glad Matt is still alive (did your keyboard break?).

Good luck my friends!

For Italian:
Sono felice che finalmente anche voi finalmente potete giocare con le vostre Amd.

Sono felice che Matt (e tutto lo staff Amd) dopo averci ignorato totalmente per un intero mese, solo ieri si sia degnato di pubblicare l'ovvio, scaricate l''aggiornamento che tra l''altro è automatico, cioè poteva anche non postare nulla ce ne saremo (ops sarete) accorti tutti e cmq non hanno mosso un dito per aiutarci.

Sono strafelice della mia nuova vga nvidia, ed ovviamente non comprerò mai più amd tutta la vita, questa è una certezza, lo stesso vale per Activision.

Spuds poi lasciami il tuo id in game magari ci famo una partita insieme qualche volta.

Ciao amici.

Will you continue to support AMD and buy their products?

giphy.gif

Il nome su activision è:BostonGeorge#2459956

Ci sono alla sera e nei weekend.

ci si vede in game

0 Likes

to be fair, AMD can't and doesn't have access to the game's code, the developers & cod are the ones who are responsible - in my honest opinion AMD here have completely done their part, the delay that happened was from cod's end they took time to investigate and fix the issue. Although mistakes like this happen from time to time, it's totally up to the person to choose AMD or other companies products

Gaz936
Adept II

Finally working for me (well, 2hrs without a crash)!

BUT, to make this work, I had to delete Adrenalin and install only the drivers.

It really shouldn't have to be like this. But if I want to play MWII, it's the only way.,

0 Likes

Well well...

Played for another hour and then crash after crash after crash...

unnamed.jpg

I give up. Seriously, no point in carrying on anymore with AMD...

0 Likes

How to fix ??????

0 Likes

I've been testing the game extensively (it's my favourite game and I play it on a daily basis) on my 7900 XTX and have not experienced any crashing at all. Therefore the issue you currently experience might be related to something else, even though the outcome appears to be the same.

Please can you contact AMD Customer Care so we can help run through some troubleshooting suggestions.

0 Likes

Thanks Matt. Will do. It’s just so frustrating as l feel I’ve tried everything to try and resolve this. 

0 Likes
Zyv
Adept II

strange, perhaps do a clean install of the drivers - it's working for me with adrenalin, MW2 & WARZONE 2 hell im even playing warzone 2 ranked beta

0 Likes
Getupaaaah
Adept I

Hmmm, In season two there was the same error in Groundwar, in almost every second match I've had this error before. Still see it's not fixed in Season three. At least I can play the other modes again. But this is still a stain for such a game which made such a load of money.

0 Likes
gaboz
Adept I

That was a long wait. Time isn't what makes me worry or disappointed, was the silence from every part, developers and AMD. In this forum AMD could have keep in touch with a follow up info directly from developers. But it was a complete silence for almost 4 weeks. 

0 Likes

clearly they didn't announce anything except that they are working on it, because they didn't have any info to release and once they did have, they put it on twitter ( may 10 update announcement )

Need to put back the free trial.

0 Likes
Getupaaaah
Adept I

Hmmm, it's working now. But does someone experience the same ?

Just when browsing in the main menu the temparature raises to 74 degrees (celsius). ? In game I can imagine but in the main menu ? 

0 Likes
pepitoloko
Journeyman III

I still have the same issue, i download from battle.net and had this problem, than tried from steam, i tried everithing for all yesterday. I have ryzen 3 5300u, i was uble to play like 3-4 months ago. Plis fix

0 Likes