cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Warzone2 Season3 error directX help

Please help me, i have an absurd problem born only yesterday (before yesterday never had such problems), when i updated Warzone to the latest season 3, if launching the game  (battle.net client) get istant DirectX error 0x887a0005 etc, i also updated the drivers to Adrenalin 23.4.1 but nothing. Try different solution on YT tried over 20 solutions...all failed (over 7 hours of trying fix).

Finally formatted, installed pure win10 Msdn and updated only system files and drivers (no other software installed) and downloaded warzone2, same error.

My pc
Main: Asus Rog Strix 570 E Gaming
Cpu: Ryzen 3900 X
Gpu: Vega 56

Help please 

Note: warzone2 season 1 and 2 never had similar problems, work fine, only season3 give me this problem.

season32.png

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience. This issue has now been addressed via a game update released by the developer today. Please can users download the update via Battle.net/Steam and provide your feedback in this thread.

View solution in original post

327 Replies

i actually bought the game but sadly now since the season 3 was released im not able to play lul

Yeah "Free access" is fantastic, itook advantage of it to unlock and maximize sniper "Intervention", a few hours (4) on "Shipment" i took it to the maximum, very funny, on warzone it would have taken me two weeks, the same for the Taq and other weapons (play game on another nvidia pc).

They should also compensate us with Vega, we couldn't use it because of them

Domica
Journeyman III

Hey, here an owner of Lenovo with AMD 5500u (Vega 8). After sending numerous reports to AMD (crashes) I reached out to Activision support as according to the circumstances directed to some game code issues. A few days ago on twitter the COD dev confirmed they're looking into reports and debugging. I've been contacted by devs as a fwup on my report to COD support, provieded them all crashdumps etc in the past few days and even a video of how the error manifests. Hopefully they're working on the resolution. 8 days no COD 4 me

thank you for the update, every bit of new info helps.

0 Likes

Good news I received the info they are still working on the issue but without estimated time of correction. I've asked for a status update toward impacted users so hopefully they'll request more feedback or provide status update of the debugging situation. Fingers crossed  

0 Likes
Virtuelhero
Journeyman III

what want activision ..iwill not change a working  GPU or APU to play there game ....the problemme is not AMD .

0 Likes
FedericoP
Adept I

SENZA PAROLE.

E' DAL 13 APRILE CHE E' STATO SEGNALATO IL PROBLEMA.

PRIMA MI HA FATTO ACQUISTARE 2000 CP POI IL CRASH.

DOPO 34 (!!) MAIL IN CUI MI HANNO CHIESDTO DI TUTTO (ANCHE UN VIDEO) QUESTA E' LA RISPOSTA FINALE.

PS: Stamani altro aggiornamento ma nessuna novità, si blocca con i medesimo errore.

Novità?

FedericoP_0-1682072612236.png

FedericoP_1-1682072647723.png

0 Likes
mloya11
Adept I

So I just downloaded the 23.4.2 and nothing changed yet, still getting the error triangle on my Display Adapters. I am running a Radeon RX 5500 XT. Hopefully something can be done eventually cause I don't have money to replace parts.

0 Likes
paul-
Adept I

This is beyond a joke now. waiting to long for a simple fix!

0 Likes

Another waste day: Thanks a lot Activision !!!

SEASON3_WARZONE2_VEGA_WASTE.jpg

Burtlongtime
Adept II

Sad that this isn't fixed yet... I'm 10 minutes away from a microcenter and about to go buy a 4080 and give up on amd all my friends I play with use nividia with minimal problems mean while I can't even play 

LosTurbinos
Adept I

I also packed my 7900 xtx red devil into its box yesterday, and put my old 3080 rtx back. 2 weeks was enough. Funniest thing is that 3080 performs better and with same graphics setting...so there might be something wrong with that precise amd gpu. I need to test it with my friends PC and see does it have same problems as my pc. Its not right that i have to lower my settings to get rid off artifacts etc. with this caliber gpu.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, AM4, 3.8GHz 12-core, G.Skill 16GB (4 x 8GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz, RX 7900 xtx Red Devil, MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, Seasonic PX-1300 Prime 80 Plus platinum, NZXT krakken Z73 360mm AIO

Please confirm "7900 xtx" (Navi) have same problem of Vega dx12 error ??? 

Good morning colleagues

SEASON3_WARZONE2_VEGA_WASTE-DAY-11.jpg

Where's the video link of TimTheTatman?

0 Likes
Zyv
Adept II

Any updates? did Adrenalin version 23.4.2 fix it ?

there is no change, they just drag out the time

ye i just tested it, it doesnt work

Estamos igual ryzen 5600x y Asus rog strix vega56.

Se las trae flojas

Burtlongtime
Adept II

Updated to the new driver and now the gane won't even load just crashes directx error as soon as the menu pops up

Updating drivers is not going to fix it, COD devs needs too. Seems like its not going to be fixed anytime soon. I uninstall the game, waste of time for the 7 day free trial and we can't even play it. 

Its even worst for us who did pay $70 to get it.

Hello unlucky brothers, nothing new.

Ricochet has failed on all fronts, and they don't stop cheathers on Season3, the lobbies are full of scammers. Tonight while i was playing (Nvidia laptop) in warzone-solo i was hiding (ghosting) inside a building and a cheater came for me he knew exactly where I was, hiding inside a bathroom, he killed me without seeing me through the wall, he had 63 kills (sixty-three) and 28 players watching and signaling, the cheater didn't hide it, use wallhack, autofire, rapidfire, magnetic bullet unwatchable.....he won with 74 kills and no one kicked him out, congrats on the new anti-cheat Ricochet!!!

Warzone has always worked on Amd, Warzone 1.0 all Season, and Warzone 2.0 Season 1 and two, Season3 the map is the same, they just added weapons and the new anticheat Ricochet (https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2023/04/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-II-and-warzone-2-0-ricochet-anti...)

- CLOAKING: the process of hiding legitimate players from cheating players
- DISARM: the process of removing weapons and equipment from cheaters while in-game
- DAMAGE SHIELD: the process of providing legitimate players with a protective barrier against cheaters

they are certainly (imho) the cause of the problems with amd players.

Result, cheaters play blissfully no one stop them, and gamers (legitimate) with Amd are excluded from playing WZ2 and MW2, fantastic. This is the reason (imho) for this delay in fixing, they can't stop anticheat, nor acknowledge their terrible code error. Nice!!!

Excuse my bad English i am Italian.

RICOCHET-UPDATE-S03-STOLEN_DAY_12.jpg

When they do fix it, i hope they reset the trial for people who wanted to play for 7 days. haha. 

0 Likes
WIDXW
Adept I

Been following this thread as I'm experiencing the same issue, so thanks for keeping it updated. Beyond frustrating and unfortunately I don't see this getting sorted any time soon

0 Likes
Zyv
Adept II

some vids from S2 when the game was actually working...

https://streamable.com/ycfkn8

0 Likes
Burtlongtime
Adept II

Just did a scan an repair for **bleep**s and giggles and launched the game.. was loading menu when game froze and my entire pc restarted 

*after starting game in safe mode it launched installed shaders and was able to play...but only in safe mode*

0 Likes

Try not work for me i have 3900X & Vega 56 

0 Likes
drywax3d
Adept I

So it appears the AMD architecture is crap for these cards well AMD you've lost another customer as the response has been ridiculous I'd rather pay more for something that works than these heaps of horse crap

@Matt_AMD [Community Manager]

Admin please u have a news about this problem??? 

Has AMD contacted Activision? And what responses did you get?

I would like some news as well cause now I am starting to look at buying a nvidia card just to be able to play any games on my PC. I have completely reset my PC and not a single issue has been resolved especially after the 23.4.2 update.

0 Likes
AMDbadNVIDIAgood
Journeyman III

I’ve had the same issue & have been lurking this thread for updates. I’ve literally registered an account just so I can say I’m replacing my gaming laptop (it’s old anyway) with a new one & specifically AVOIDING one with AMD. My mates use Nvidia & after this sh*t show so am I 

If Nvidia cards/Workstation GPU's had Fluid motion features like AMD Fluid motion, i would have bought a Nvidia card right now,(just for the temp solution) but AMD has Nvidia beat because AMD Fluid motion is freaking awesome for videos and gaming. 

Hopefully they fix this COD nonsense soon though

0 Likes

hello friends, i am here!

Please help me, share this file on all forums and social media, let's tell the truth about who activision is, Thanks.

AMD-VEGA-ACTIVISION-WARZONE2-SEASON3-EPIC-FAIL-26042023.jpg

LMAO NICE ONE. ahhaha

Hello new bug fix 25.04.2023 here: https://www.callofduty.com/patchnotes/2023/04/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-II-Warzone-2-Season-03-Pat...

NO WAY!!!

I'm starting to think they're not working on it  

It’s actually insane how much they do not care! I’m looking into a Nvidia build I’m done 

0 Likes
LuizAmaral
Journeyman III

Duas longas semanas sem qualquer resposta ou solução. A solução é uma RTX 4070 TI, adeus AMD.

Me toooo, i will never buy anything from amd neither processor nor graphics cards, ignoring us they don't respect us!!! 

Amd can't solve the problem. Amd is NOT serious, otherwise you call activision, get some fuc*ing answers to this problem, and give answers to your customers (who pay your salary)

Respect is the first rule!!!

WIDXW
Adept I

AMD Matt said if there's an update we'll hear from him and vice versa. Guess we're never hearing from 'Matt' again.

Godspeed, Matt