cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Warzone2 Season3 error directX help

Please help me, i have an absurd problem born only yesterday (before yesterday never had such problems), when i updated Warzone to the latest season 3, if launching the game  (battle.net client) get istant DirectX error 0x887a0005 etc, i also updated the drivers to Adrenalin 23.4.1 but nothing. Try different solution on YT tried over 20 solutions...all failed (over 7 hours of trying fix).

Finally formatted, installed pure win10 Msdn and updated only system files and drivers (no other software installed) and downloaded warzone2, same error.

My pc
Main: Asus Rog Strix 570 E Gaming
Cpu: Ryzen 3900 X
Gpu: Vega 56

Help please 

Note: warzone2 season 1 and 2 never had similar problems, work fine, only season3 give me this problem.

season32.png

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for your patience. This issue has now been addressed via a game update released by the developer today. Please can users download the update via Battle.net/Steam and provide your feedback in this thread.

View solution in original post

327 Replies

HA HA HA its obvious they don't care its old crap architecture they'd rather see the back of but they weren't too bothered when they sold it to us, time for a brand change

0 Likes
theoden
Adept I

bonsoir a tous,

toujours le même problème et rien ne bouge du coté de MW2.

avez vous des news plus positives .

Lightweight
Journeyman III

I have the same issue.. Even had some issues with other games. I have not been able to play on the latest driver released now in April.

7900XT

beepbrx
Journeyman III

I'm also not playing because of this error that happens specifically with call of duty, before this season 3 I was able to play calmly, but now the game doesn't open, I've researched several things and nothing solves it, I'm going to be sad for not being able to play the game at the end of the week, but I hope they have a quick solution for users, I'll leave my config and some error information.

Screenshot_1.png

chacalatee
Journeyman III

Having the same issue. Game crashes at the loading screen and in game. I’m running a 6950xt Red Devil and 7900x processor on windows 11. Everything is updated. I can play a few games after restarting shaders but it crashes soon after. Happens on all of my Steam games not just MW2.

sorry

Vega 56, mesmo problema... acho que a opção é vender a AMD e ir pata 4070 TI... 

0 Likes
Burtlongtime
Adept II

I've been having the same issue since season 2 and they have done nothing to address it

theoden
Adept I

bonjour à tous,

Avez vous des news suivant ce problème de DirectX sur warzonne 2.

j ai bien peur qu'il faudra se résoudre à changer sa carte graphique  pour rejouer sur  warzonne.

kingsm
Journeyman III

same problem with the vega 7 (ryzen 5 5600g)

GhostDog8811
Adept I

same problem, nothing helps, I'm giving up hope for a repairerror directX.jpg

beepbrx
Journeyman III

another day and no news, no clarification from the game's producers and nothing from amd, it's complicated!

ronaldsr
Adept I

Same issue here.. Looks like AMD and Activision does not care if we shift our graphics cards to nVidia.. 

Processor: Ryzen 5 3400G / Vega 11 IGP

this is the official and international amd forum, how many of us are complaining about the problem? 20 Users?

20 warzone amd-gamers worldwide? LoL 20 is a ridiculous number

We have no hope that they will solve the problem....

If Amd itself remains silent...

Forget Warzone, there is "X Defiant" which looks nice

not only 20, many other users facing this issue - they are just posting on twitter & facebook and some are not even posting just waiting for solution however the question is since S3 was released where are cod devs ? where is amd ?

I solved the problem turn off the iGPU in the bios or in the system - but be careful!!! you must also have a main graphics card (externed)

0 Likes
Schanstran
Journeyman III

I have the same issue vega direct x crash 

littleguycarter
Journeyman III

Having the exact same problem here with the Vega 56 Card. Tried everything.

mloya11
Adept I

Same here and it has affected my other games also!!! 

ZockerFloh7
Journeyman III

Same issue for me.
Waiting for a fix...
Just created a account, because its more than just 20 people affected.
Seems like it affects all vega graphics cards.

BonesZA
Journeyman III

Exact same issue for me...DirectX error after "Checking for updates"

Lol game launches fine with internal UHD 770 graphics but not my Vega, just spend so much money on this game and now I am supposed to be forced to sell my organs and buy a new graphics card?

AMD team please help us

fr bro, so far nothing new - where is amd

ronaldsr
Adept I

Looks like AMD and Activision does not care for us gamers that uses AMD GPU or IGPU.. Still no official response from them.. 

https://twitter.com/BeenoxCODPC/status/1647991733970509827

Looks like they know now, want my mw2 fix lol

fkitox
Journeyman III

The issue is finally being worked on : https://twitter.com/BeenoxCODPC/status/1647991733970509827

fkitox_0-1681751398788.png

great to see, thanks for the reply here, will give that guy a follow too

nice..

Wow 5 days later, it took them 5 days to figure out the stuff that a normal user immediately reported, Beenox is a genius.

They have to investigate, read "they don't even have a clue what the problem is" However it's good news.

Now i'm playing with an old gaming laptop and nvida 1060 and it runs smoothly.

Thanks for the info

0 Likes
GhostDog8811
Adept I

I solved the problem turn off the GPU in the bios or in the system - but be careful!!! you must also have a main graphics card

Useful for those who has dedicated graphic cards.. But Thanks still.. 

0 Likes
Zyv
Adept II

Zyv_0-1681759970504.png

i Got some news!

Zyv
Adept II

however sad to see nothing from amd yet.

Shotman0829
Journeyman III

Hola que tal amigos., 

mi equipo anda igual que falla que amd no se pronuncie aun ante este error 

0 Likes
LosTurbinos
Adept I

Also having graphical problems with warzone, but i have 7900 xtx red devil. After season 3 started, i started having colorfull blobs and artifacts on screen, after a while my screen started to black out...its like the darkness follows you in game until it blackens everything. But after i die its okay for a while, and the darkness with colorful sparks comes hunting me again. Downgraded drivers (clean install with ddu), no fix. Uninstall game, no fix.

Just while ago tried to play Hollow Knight, 2D sidescroll adventure...and saw there artifacts too, square black tiles here and there. Are these GPU driver related problems or game...im starting to regret my change from nvidia to amd.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, AM4, 3.8GHz 12-core, G.Skill 16GB (4 x 8GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz, RX 7900 xtx Red Devil, MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, Seasonic PX-1300 Prime 80 Plus platinum, NZXT krakken Z73 360mm AIO

I've been having the same black square blob issue and directx error since season 2 also.. I've reported the issue many times using report bug tool and have gotten nothing 

mloya11
Adept I

I have a Radeon rx 5500 xt AMD card and now I can't play anything on my PC. I get an error code in my device manager. Unable to fix the problem myself. Hopefully they will come up with something soon.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

I get error on Dota 2 using DX11, games randomly freeze and need hard reset. Now use vulkan.

Do not know if this DX11 related with that directx.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
FedericoP
Adept I

Stessi problemi anche per me.

Ho provato di tutto.

Fino alla season2 tutto ok.

Appena aggiornata la season3 mi ha fatto acquistare i contenuti che mancavano del battlepass della stagione 2 (armi e tutto quanto) e poi ha crashato.

Sto andando avanti e indietro con mail del servizio di assistenza di Activision ma non sembrano risolvere.

Nota bene: il programma girava perfettamente...

0 Likes

Benvenuto nel club fratello!!!

Pensa che io a forza di fare prove, e credimi ho provato tutto quello che sta su yt e oltre, diciamo almeno una 50ina di fix fantasiose tutte inutili, alla fine si è rovinato win10 e mi ha costretto a formattare, il che mi comporta almeno due settimane di reinstall, tra sw e decine di plugin x ogni programma, per colpa di activision che fa sempre le cose male.

0 Likes