cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Tannheuser
Journeyman III

VSR resolution choices

I just made the switch from Nvidia to AMD and I'm overall satisfied with performance, software, drivers etc.

I used DLDSR on my previous Nvidia card which gave me the option of 1.78 or 2.25 times the native resolution, if I remember things correctly.

I'm looking for a way to set a resolution that's close to my previous 1.78x option, which roughly meant scaling from 1440p to 1920p, which was pretty much the sweet spot for visuals vs performance. Now with VSR my options are 1620p or 2160p which aren't as useful to be honest. 1440 to 1620 is barely noticable, and the other option of 2160 can be a pretty heavy hit on performance in a lot of applications.

It would be great with another option inbetween these two, is basically what I'm getting at. So in my use case of 1440p native, somewhere in the region of 1800-1900p.

I can't  set custom resolutions in the Adrenalin app, as the G.pixel clock value seems broken for some reason.

3 Replies
Tannheuser
Journeyman III

Alright, I've looked around a bit more and it appears that maybe there aren't a lot of 21:9 resolutions available at all? I enabled VSR on my second monitor which is 1080p and it had a ton more options for higher-than-native resolutions available when running VSR.

More 21:9 VSR resolutions to choose from, please?

Ravio_Lee
Journeyman III

Seems the VSR feature is really lacking compared to Nvidia. I was able to upscale 4:3 and 9:16 resolutions before upgrading to a 6800.

0 Likes
longboardfish
Journeyman III

I ran across this post - which GPU do you have?

I could not find any confirmation that 1620p is available when using VSR on 6 or 7 series paired with a 1440p monitor, it seems to be very poorly documented.

I was looking into a 6800 mainly for the VRAM but I'm currently using DSR at 1577p on desktop, but 1620p would be perfect for my uses (matching 2x 24" 1440p and a 4k 32" in terms of dpi).

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes