cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SWAGGGING
Journeyman III

Very weird GPU problem and driver issues.

Does anyone know why this is happening to my MSI RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card? After a recent Windows 11 update, my integrated GPU from my CPU was being used before my GPU was. I uninstalled the new Windows update, and now NZXT Cam wasn't showing my GPU temperature or clock speed, but it did show it for the integrated GPU. I disabled my integrated graphics via device manager and ran DDU installer again (after multiple attempts), and my GPU seemed to function mostly fine. My GPU would work to it's full potential (normally), however whenever I launched a game that resulted in my GPU fans turning on, the fans would stay on until I restarted my PC, even with very low temperatures and nothing intense running. My GPU never used to do this. I decided to ignore the issue until today when I got back to my PC after leaving it sleeping for about 20 minutes. Windows alerted me that some "hardware changes have been made", and that I needed to restart my PC for the changes to take effect. I restarted my PC and I'm basically where I started now. NZXT Cam doesn't show many stats regarding my GPU like it normally does. Additionally, my AMD Radeon PRO software doesn't open. It says "Windows Update may have automatically replaced your AMD Graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD Graphics driver." I've tried running DDU a couple of times, and it just doesn't seem to fix my issue. Thank you so much to anyone who responds. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hiramabiff
Adept III

Not sure if my issue is similar to your. I ended up doing a clean install of windows, fresh install of all drivers and after that no crashing. all I did was do a MOBO bios upgrade.  My GPU was running on max. My heat went through the roof etc.  Maybe this might help you as it did me. 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/dwm-crash-after-motherboard-bios-upgrade/m-p/620209#M1...

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
0 Likes

I'll try this if all else fails, thank you for the suggestion!

0 Likes