cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

enragedn3wb
Adept II

Very Specific Horizontal Flickering/Artifacting on 5700 XT

So I've been fighting with this issue since buying my 5700 XT, where at the top of my monitors there will be a line that flickers across them both. I've done a LOT of testing already with this, so I'll try to include as much information as I can.

• It's always in the same exact spot.
  • It only seems to happen with at least 2 monitors plugged in.
  • It ONLY happens with BOTH monitors set to 1440p. Never happens as long as either one of them is set to ANY other resolution. Never happens with both at 1080p or 4k either.(Figures right? The ONLY setup that causes problems is the one I use...)
  • It does it with 3 different DP to DVI-D cables, & 2 different HDMI cables that I've tried in every possible combination.
  • If I unplug either cable & plug it back in, it will stop flickering for a while, but it will start again.
  • It happens with GPU scaling both off & on.
  • It can't be recorded.
  • It happens on drivers 20.3.1, 20.4.2, & 20.5.1. I haven't tried any others yet.
  • Having OBS open in front a game makes it happen pretty consistently, but it will happen randomly even with no game or video playing.
  • It happens with all overlay programs closed.
  • It happens at completely stock settings.
  • It did not happen with my previous GPU.

Processor:
Water Cooled AMD Ryzen 2600(Overclocked - 4.1GHz)

Memory:
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 3466MHz C16

Video Card:
Water Cooled MSI RX 5700 XT Mech OC(Overclocked - 2.1GHz)

Monitors:
Asus VE247H 24" Widescreen HD LED Monitor + Acer S220HQL 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Both are 1080p 60FPS monitors & I use VSR to set each to 1440p at all times.

Operating System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Version: 2004

Build: 19041.264

Motherboard:
MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Video of Flickering

I'm no stranger to PC hardware or software & consider my knowledge level pretty high, so any possible solutions are welcome. No matter how advanced.

0 Likes
2 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Can you update bios GPU to this version? VGA Bios Collection: MSI RX 5700 XT 8 GB | TechPowerUp 

0 Likes

I'm already using the latest bios for my Mech OC & have even tried playing with a few voltages that I thought might help with stability in MorePowerTool, but that bios for the Gaming X does not seem to fix the issue either.

Thanks for the idea though!

0 Likes