cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dew1an
Adept I

VEGA 56 BSOD when clicking Apply Changes under tuning

After 23.9.2 clicking Apply Changes under the Adrenalin performance / tuning tab, I get an instant blue screen, there is no fix I tried everything I could google, disabling different windows settings etc. Eventually tried reverting back to 23.8.2 driver which is the only fix.
It's not about overclocking, tried changing fan speed 1% only, everything else stock, still crash after simply clicking "Apply changes". Tried changing clock -1mhz, crash when clicking Apply Changes. Just tried new 23.10.2 drivers, still the same issue.

For anyone with the same problem, I will say it now, the only "fix" is reverting to 23.8.2 drivers. Seeing as this problem is still there in 23.10.2, I guess amd just really doesn't give a **bleep**.

Also as you might know, old vega 56/64 cards benefit so much from undervolting and memory OC that this is just not acceptable and makes the driver unusable. I've never had major problems with amd drivers and thought people whining about it were exaggerating, but now I know I guess.

If anyone has any other info about this to explain why this is happening that would be welcome. I'd like to use newer drivers one day...

1 Solution
DipakJ27
Adept III

The only workaround currently available is to revert back to the previous driver version, 23.8.2. This is unfortunate, as older Vega cards like the 56 and 64 can benefit significantly from undervolting and memory overclocking.

AMD has not yet acknowledged or addressed this issue, and it is unclear when a fix will be available. In the meantime, users affected by this problem are advised to stick with the 23.8.2 drivers until a solution is released.

Dipakjadhav

View solution in original post

8 Replies
dreep
Adept I

Same problem, blue screen, I will install drivers 23.8.2

I'm never going to buy anything from AMD

0 Likes
Markomafija
Journeyman III

Same problem, have you tried contacting amd support?

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

The only workaround currently available is to revert back to the previous driver version, 23.8.2. This is unfortunate, as older Vega cards like the 56 and 64 can benefit significantly from undervolting and memory overclocking.

AMD has not yet acknowledged or addressed this issue, and it is unclear when a fix will be available. In the meantime, users affected by this problem are advised to stick with the 23.8.2 drivers until a solution is released.

Dipakjadhav

Yep. after some testing I realized this is a problem with the interface, using v5.5 CCC and onwards crashes. ccc2_install_v5.0_22.40.exe is the latest working version, so something changed after it. Obviously AMD won't let you install driver only version of newest drivers and seperately the old UI interface like that, so no fix here unless you want to mess with custom drivers (don't recommend those btw) which allow old control software with new drivers

PS this marcus0 guy below should get removed for that chatgpt bot answer. I accidentally replied to wrong person

0 Likes

I managed to get around this bug by clicking "Custom" under manual tuning, then just clicked Import Profile to load in my previously saved profile. It will load in the profile and then automatically apply. Now if I make changes and click "Apply" it no longer BSODs. 

I hope this helps,

0 Likes
Braineh
Journeyman III

Same problem with a Vega 64 here. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to load my older saved settings as it tells me they aren't compatible. 

0 Likes
AztecSkater
Journeyman III

Have the same problem on my Vega 56 so I reverted back to 23.8.2. 

Has AMD fix it yet? Or we’re left behind for them to focus on their newer GPU?

0 Likes
Brian48
Adept I

Just wanted to add to this thread.  Same issue with all drivers above 23.7.2 (didn't have 23.8.2 handy) with my Vega 64 test box.  Although 23.11.1 will allow me to make changes to the fan speeds (I use an aftermarket fan setup), even the slightly change to GPU voltage or speeds will cause a BSOD under Windows 11.  I prefer 23.7.2 anyway so I'll keep things the way it is for now.  I know the Vega series is probably at end-of-life support, but I would like to see one final compatibility release before they completely drop it.  

0 Likes