cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bodygrave
Journeyman III

Updating amd drivers constantly

Just yesterday I upgraded my amd drivers and just turned my pc on today and it says I have to update them again. Anytime I go to open up the amd driver software it always says that it is not compatible with my current graphics drivers. So like normal I would update it which takes forever because my pc is really crappy and then I play normally for about a day and then the next day it says the same thing again how I have to update the software again. Its really annoying because I update the amd software about 3 times a week. Is this normal or not? please help 

0 Likes
2 Replies

It's normal if you continue to install non-WHQL (optional) drivers. Windows Update will automatically install the latest WHQL drivers...which do not include things like the control panel, etc.

To prevent this from happening....read this : https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/how-to-stop-updates-for-drivers-with-windows-update...

The thing to remember here is that driver 'updates' are mainly "fixes". If none of the 'fixes' apply to your graphics card or the games / apps you play there is no reason to update. The exception to that is if a new feature / setting has been added to your graphics card.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

0 Likes