cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Faabio
Journeyman III

update 24.8.1

I have an RX 6600 XT and so far no update has arrived, I play COD MW3 and I'm losing FPS, crashing and I want to know how to update?

21 Replies
Qley
Adept I

You will have to wait a bit. Hopefully 24.8.1 will release sometime next week. Perhaps on Tuesday.

the new update (24.8.1) still did not show up. What is happening AMD!!! 

0 Likes
Qley
Adept I

You could download version 24.10.37.04 though I wouldn't recommend it. It's a beta driver. It can be unstable.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-10-37-01.html

I've been using it for about two weeks. No problems.

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ Deepcool PQ1000m
0 Likes

bro it still crashing what can i do  now 

0 Likes

i have updated 24.10.37.04 but the game is still crashing what should we do 

0 Likes

I can assure with absolute certainty that it is 100% unstable, 7900gre here, was trying to play warzone and game kept crashing on 24.7.1(worked flawlessly until the cod new update) which works fine few games for multiplayer. so searched for new 24.8.1 and its apparently taken down by amd and tried this 24.10.37.04 instead and its not good

twibr
Adept III

where does such confidence come from that 24.8 will solve the problem and not create new ones, like 24.6 and 24.7?

Is it possible that the problem is not in the driver at all?

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ Deepcool PQ1000m
0 Likes

24.7.1 gave me problems with dual monitors. My PC would freeze, Green screen, and reboot when i tried changing displays. and BF2042 was stuttering, I went back to 24.5.1 , Im waiting on those 2 problems to be fixed.

0 Likes
Filthypriest
Adept I

uninstall amd adrenalin, keep the chip set and mw3 should run fine.. wait till update for the 24.8.1 just keep checking for it.. 

0 Likes

What chipset you're running

0 Likes

Filthypriest_0-1724788537449.png

0 Likes

need help i play warzone 3 and before update game was running flawlessly but after update it show your gpu driver version 24.7.1 does not meet the recommended 24.8.1 i am using Rx570 i was updated to 24.7.1 and when i deleted and reinstalled the drivers it keep installing me to 24.3.1 rather than 24.7.1 what to do how to fix when i try to play call of duty without drivers it doesnt open need help and how to install 24.7.1 latest drivers again?

How does beta acces drivers work for you'll?

0 Likes

most likely happen because of windows update, or windows recommended driver set to enabled. i will override the driver accordingly what windows this best for them

0 Likes
DRS2020
Journeyman III

Uninstall drivers with DDU. Reinstall drivers 24.7.1. Try these settings on Adrenalin. Turn off MSI after burner (if installed) before playing.  Use recommended settings by game. Let me know if this helped. Adrenalin.png

0 Likes

Do you still get the error code pop up, when loading cod? If not does the game freeze/crash?

0 Likes
ArticRoyalty
Journeyman III

hey man it's tuesday and i reinstalled my driver and no new driver if AMD employee or someone wants to come into this forum to let us know something that'd be nice because the BO6 beta coming this friday requires this driver and No one has a way to download it so what's going on we cannot play a game we paid for for the beta access and people are gonna be pissed can we do something abt this or get a fix around before the beta releases?

I also reinstalled but my game wouldn't even get pass the intro.. On that note i just uninstalled it again seems to work, but i feel like cod itself is bugging out at the moment.. my buddy plays on console and his game was crashing and acting up.. 

0 Likes
leorenato97
Journeyman III

my game mw3 dont open because this

0 Likes
Filthypriest
Adept I

Filthypriest_0-1724806262379.png

i don't understand this its saying downgrade, even tho i havent installed anything but the chip set

0 Likes

Probably Windows installed automatically newer driver for Your GPU.

0 Likes