cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

thedarkone198
Adept II

Unusual fan related driver issue with additional Vega 64

I have been trying to add my Vega 64 that is just hanging around into my system. For some reason, after the display drivers load, its fan will not run at all and it will slowly raise in temp until system shut down. Before trying it,I did use DDU to scrub drivers and installed AMD Software for the Vega 64 and my main RX 6750 XT. 

In AMD Software, it would show the Vega 64 and its fan reading as running but it is not except sometimes, after fiddling with fan controls, it will go from off to 100% over and over, while not reading the changes in any software. MSI Afterburner also does not force the fan to run on a curve or otherwise, with its fan control. Eventually the GPU will error out and Windows Device Manager will show it as disabled and would not be able to load the drivers, if I try to enable it again forcing a restart to bring it back, where it all starts over again.

Its not the card though, when in BIOS and while Windows is loading, it spins the fan just fine. It's just when drivers load as the desktop is coming up and ran fine before installing the drivers, such as right after DDU. Something with the drivers are simply not letting the fan spin up as it should or read properly. Has anyone else seen this behavior with a mixed GPU setup and found a fix for it? I wanted to at least have the Vega do the rendering for OBS to take the load off of my main GPU.

EDIT: Also, it is a blower style card ofc, so it has no zero RPM feature.

0 Likes
0 Replies