cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TylerGrenier
Journeyman III

Universal Windows Driver For My Kernel Installer

Hello World My name is Tyler Grenier I wanted to ask AMD about seeing if they have a already made universal GPU driver for all of their devices they currently support for a basic OS installer image for my operating system but there is no way that i see to contact the company directly so i am going to write this and see if it can attract attention so a little about the kernel i am writing is that its a 64 bit only OS and its for efi and bios and the problem with the gpu war is that nothing in low level is ever standard so if there is a driver that can universally run or run most gpus i would like to discuss some sort of trade for a copy of it to run on my kernel and the good news is my kernel when it is finished will be able to run windows drivers so all i actually need is the .sys file that has been made for windows, now id like to note that if i wasn't in fear of getting sued i would have already copy ad pasted something into my operating systems SYSTEM/DRIVER folder and link the binary into the kernel in runtime and just leave it alone but unfortunately there's this wonderful thing called copyright and another wonderful thing called licensing agreements so again if someone in the company can get to me to my email (tgrenier.815@AOL.com) i would appreciate it to start moving forward with getting this driver file...

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try asking AMD SUPPORT : https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

Besides most AMD drivers are compatible with all of the latest GPUs and IGPUs except non-supported GPUs and IGPUs and limited support with some older RX series GPUs.

But I believe you are referring to something like Windows MS Basic Display Adapter which works as a basic universal display driver.

0 Likes
TylerGrenier
Journeyman III

the people there say i need the Legal team because what i am trying to do is get permsion to copy the drivers into my update systems and the install images so its more of a copyright dispute issue that i am trying to avoid during driver integration