cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Howdy_McGee
Journeyman III

Unity Games Crash on Launch - Red Exclamation

I'm not sure why this is happening or how to debug this issue. I have multiple Unity games just crashing on launch - giving me a Red Exclamation over whatever the game logo is. My drivers are up to date - I'm running version 22.8.2. This happens whether I launch from Steam or if I launch from Adrenalin Software. The 2 games I'm running into issues are:

- Phasmophobia
- Unmatched: Digital Edition

My PC specs are:

- Windows 10
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6 core)
- AMD Radeon RX 6800

All my drivers are software is up to date and the game creators suggest that it's an incompatibility issue with the Graphic Card. I've been able to play Unity games before on the same PC - this issue arose probably 2-3 months ago. Any ideas how I can go about debugging or fixing this kind of issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Howdy_McGee
Journeyman III

Ended up having to go through Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Uninstall my GPU Drivers (checking the Delete option as well). After a restart, went to AMD and downloaded their software, and reran the installation/update process. Now it launches as normal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Howdy_McGee
Journeyman III

Ended up having to go through Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Uninstall my GPU Drivers (checking the Delete option as well). After a restart, went to AMD and downloaded their software, and reran the installation/update process. Now it launches as normal.

0 Likes