cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rinleez
Adept I

Unable to update A320 chipset drivers

I'm trying to update my chipset drivers for A320 from here: A320 Previous Drivers | AMD

Everything newer than revisions 2.17 fails to install. I tried several 4. revision and the latest 5. to no success. I went as far as uninstalling all drivers completely to the point where I had unrecognized devices in task manager, clearing up the registry with the Windows uninstall tool and installing again. No success. I'm stuck with 2021 drivers. Not that something's wrong, but I did have crash issues with a certain game and ran into this problem when trying to update all my major drivers. Any help appreciated!

Installation log:  pastebin.com/raw/h2wGCi6G

Drivers in question:

image.png

Result:

image.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Dragokar
Miniboss

Have you tried to install them the old-fashioned way via device manager?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Can you upload the summary, please? Not going to read the log first

0 Likes

All the drivers fail to install, each single time. I'll try again soon.

AMD Chipset Software Install Summary

Name : AMD Ryzen Power Plan
Version : 8.0.0.13
Install : Fail

Name : AMD PCI Device Driver
Version : 1.0.0.90

Name : AMD GPIO Driver
Version : 2.2.0.130
Install : Success

Name : AMD GPIO Driver (for Promontory)
Version : 3.0.0.0

Name : AMD PSP Driver
Version : 5.22.0.0

Name : AMD SMBus Driver
Version : 5.12.0.38
Install : Success

Somehow 2 of them worked. Still failing on PCI , PSP,  the power plan and GPIO for Promontory(not even sure what that means).

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Have you tried to install them the old-fashioned way via device manager?

I just tried. It seems that I managed to update one of the AMD PCI to a somewhat recent version, but when I tried the other one, it just created a new one, so I have 3. One of those is still on a 2017 driver. As per PSP and Promontory drivers, I don't know what devices to look for.

Every time I try a workaround I just make a mess...

0 Likes
rinleez
Adept I

Okay, looks like I figured it out. I uninstalled all the devices in question in device manager, hunted down the drivers displayed in the Chipset Software Installer on Microsoft Update Catalog and manually installed them one by one. Looks like I'm up to date and the Chipset Software Installer now says that the newest versions are now installed. Happy days!

P.S. Funnily enough, Ryzen Master is now working properly and changing the clocks on the fly. Before it would ask for a restart, and the clocks would revert to stock. Not sure if that's related, but it never worked for me before and I thought to give it another try.

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the troubles that you faced.

0 Likes