cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Malakaks
Adept I

TV not detected when HDMI plugged-in. Need to turn off and on graphic driver

Hi, I am obliged to go to the device manager, deactivate the graphic driver and activate it back again to project my laptop's screen to my tv.

Then it works fine but once I unplug the HDMI cable, I need to do it all over again.

Do you have any solutions so that it works fine once I plug the HDMI cable ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Eliminater74
Adept I

Having to repeatedly deactivate and reactivate your graphic driver to get your TV to detect an HDMI connection from your laptop is certainly inconvenient. Here are some potential solutions to resolve this issue:

1. **Update or Reinstall Graphics Drivers**: Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers are a common cause of HDMI connection issues. Ensure that your graphics driver is up to date. If it is, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver. This can often resolve strange behavior like what you're experiencing.

2. **Check HDMI Cable and Ports**: Sometimes, the issue can be as simple as a faulty HDMI cable or port. Try using a different HDMI cable or another HDMI port on your TV to rule out a hardware issue.

3. **TV Settings**: Check your TV settings. Some TVs require you to select the correct input manually or adjust settings to recognize new connections properly.

4. **Display Settings on Laptop**: Go to your display settings (right-click on the desktop and select "Display settings") and ensure that the TV is recognized and set up correctly when connected. Sometimes, setting the TV as the primary display or extending displays can help.

5. **Windows Update**: Make sure your operating system is fully updated. Some HDMI connection issues can be related to system bugs that are fixed in newer updates.

6. **Different HDMI Modes**: Some laptops have different modes (like mirror, extend, etc.) that can be toggled with function keys. Ensure you're using the correct mode for your needs.

7. **Power Management Settings**: In some cases, power management settings can interfere with the way hardware, like graphics cards, operate. Adjust these settings in the Control Panel to prevent the graphics card from being turned off or put in a low-power state.

8. **BIOS/UEFI Update**: Rarely, the issue could be at the BIOS/UEFI level, especially if it's a hardware compatibility issue. Check for any available updates from your laptop manufacturer. However, proceed with caution as updating BIOS/UEFI can be risky.

9. **Use a Different Device**: Test the HDMI connection with a different laptop or device. This can help determine if the issue is with your laptop or the TV.

10. **Professional Support**: If none of these steps work, consider reaching out to the laptop's manufacturer for support, especially if it might still be under warranty.

By systematically going through these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your HDMI connection.

0 Likes
Malakaks
Adept I

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I checked/did everything you did but nothing changed. It works perfectly fine with another computer, so it's not the cable.

What I found in my Laptop's Display Settings  is that my TV isn't recognized. When I hit "detect another screen" my computer do not find any other screen, even when I am projecting my screen on the TV.

So the issue might be that my PC isn't able to detect any other screen, exept when graphic card booting up.

0 Likes

Can you post the exact Make & Model of your laptop?

are you using your Laptop's HDMI/DP video port or USB-C port to send video to your TV set?

Are you using a direct HDMI to HDMI cable or DP to DP cable or an adapter?

0 Likes

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-eu0xxx

I use the pc's hmdi port to send video

Direct hmdi cable ( hdmi to hdmi), no adapter

Link of the cable : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07QBYR18R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1