cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brutlern
Adept II

Tuning settings always reset on boot

I have a strange issue which started recently. Every boot in Windows, Adrenalin resets my tuning profile, always says that there was an unexpected system failure, yet there wasn't any. All games runs perfectly stable. No crashes, and no errors in event viewer either.

I also do not have any other third party software installed (MSI Afterburner, MSI Center etc).

Reinstalling drivers (both 23.9.2 or current 23.9.3) with DDU doesn't fix the issue. Also, I was running perfectly fine with 23.9.2 until I tested the preview driver (for AFMF). But a complete clean driver install (of either 23.9.2 or 23.9.3) will not fix it.

2 Solutions
brutlern
Adept II

Finally fixed the problem! It was Windows update KB5030310 (also know as Moment 4). Now the settings no longer reset at boot. (P.S: There is information around the net that it is Windows Copilot which causes the issue and disabling that should fix the problem, however I did try that and it did not work, only the complete removal of KB5030310 fixes the issue).

View solution in original post

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic. Please use that to track status updates and to provide your feedback. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenaline-resetting-to-defaults-every-reboot/td-p/634...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
MartinCZ987
Adept II

go to 23.9.1 it work for me if i dont restart XD 

0 Likes
pswfps
Adept I

I was going to suggest doing a restart rather than a shutdown to clear out any cached driver software/settings.

Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Ryzen 9 5950X | Noctua NH-D15 | 4 x Crucial 8GB Single Rank DDR4 3600 CL16 | RX 6950 XT Reference | 2TB Kingston PCIe4 Primary Drive | Seasonic Prime TX-750
alexiv1969
Adept II

I did not notice i was having the same issue, thanks for pointing this out

Ryzen 5 7600x, B550M AORUS PRO-P, Ryzen 7600XT, 2*16 gig ram 3600
0 Likes
brutlern
Adept II

I tried System Restore to before the preview driver (when everything was still working fine) and it still doesn't work.

0 Likes

Its a fail with the new windows 11 update, here is a temporary solution until AMD release new drivers compatible with this new update.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenaline-resetting-to-defaults-every-reboot/m-p/6340...

0 Likes

Tried that did not work, but uninstalling the entire moment 4 update did fix the issue.

0 Likes
cng
Journeyman III

Did you overclocked your card memory? I had 5700XT and it had 1750MHz memory as default, even if it was stable and without any artefacts with maxed OC memory 1850MHz it keeps resetting with driver crash message which i think happened when boot but not ingame, it stops doing that when i lowered to 1770Mhz. Pretty weird.

0 Likes
brutlern
Adept II

Finally fixed the problem! It was Windows update KB5030310 (also know as Moment 4). Now the settings no longer reset at boot. (P.S: There is information around the net that it is Windows Copilot which causes the issue and disabling that should fix the problem, however I did try that and it did not work, only the complete removal of KB5030310 fixes the issue).

I hope this will be fixed in October driver or on microsoft side. I have this issue and begin to suspect PSU after try all driver clean and repair install of Windows 11. It's nice, that you found fix for the issue.

0 Likes
brutlern
Adept II

Unfortunately, Microsoft released another update today, KB5031323, which causes the issue again. And this one is no longer an optional preview update, so even if I remove it (which would fix the problem), it will just get reinstalled. So now I am at the mercy of Microsoft, to acknowledge and fix the issue, or AMD to find some workaround (and I am not putting my hopes in Microsoft).

0 Likes

ya same thing is happening to me

0 Likes
x0c0lait
Adept II

Today AMD has released 23.10.1 and this error not fixed, what are they thinking, fix this at one, disabling or unistalling updates is not a solution.

@Matt_AMD  please report this.

0 Likes

Thanks for the post, we are looking into this. 

brutlern
Adept II

I don't know what happened but my issue got magically fixed again. I did not uninstall the new KB5031323, and I did not install the new drivers AMD either, but now my settings remained after restart. I installed 23.10.1 and it still working. I have a suspicion what fixed it, but I am not going to post it here because it's pure speculation on my part, and in order to verify, I would have to break it again, on purpose. And since I don't know if I can fix it after, I am simply not going to touch it. It now works, and I am going to leave it at that.

0 Likes

Please, say what you have modified so we can try the others.

Tbh that happened to me on Drivers 23.9.2.  AMD managed to fix it without releasing a new driver. Because the next days just after HYPR RX launched it was freezing a lot and then it was fixed the following days without any new driver release.

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
0 Likes
Rockywhu
Adept III

Yep new drivers and still the same issue. Lol

Also once again I have to MANUALLY insert my GPU tuning and fan curve because if I import my profile for the GPU tuning settings I get a freeze up lol

So annoying

B650 AORUS PRO AX, RYZEN 9 7950X3D, SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX, CORSAIR VENGENCE RGB PRO 32GB RAM, CORSAIR RM750x 80 PLUS GOLD 750W
0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing discussion on this topic. Please use that to track status updates and to provide your feedback. https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/adrenaline-resetting-to-defaults-every-reboot/td-p/634...

0 Likes