Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

riad208
Journeyman III

These are all the problems of Vega 7, we hope AMD will fix them

-The problem of the screen stopping working after sleep mode
-The problem of FPS Counter, does not give FPS, we hope to fix it or issue a modern FPS Counter separate from the Driver
-A problem with Call of Duty Black Ops 6, it requires a newer driver version
-A problem with Age of Mythology: Retold, it works but with many crashes, it requires a new driver update
-Black Myth Wukong works acceptable, but requires a new update
-Sometimes and with some third-party programs, the problem of high temperature appears, and a blue screen

-Another problem, in a few times it happens, is an unjustified heaviness in the desktop and start menu and heaviness in playing resolutions such as 720p and 1080p in windows 11

-The problem with the new driver that are issued every month and their size is 1.20 GB, is that it is not them, there is a defect, they are transferred to old driver, unlike the updates that are issued every two months and are called Combined, we hope that AMD will actually investigate this problem

Vega 7 still provides very acceptable performance, it works with FSR3.1 and Frame Generation excellently, it provides a qualitative leap in performance

0 Likes
1 Solution
FunkZ
Exemplar

Are you referring to the Radeon Vega 7 IGP in the Ryzen 5600G processor? What version of Adrenalin are you using?

I have a 5700G with Radeon Vega 8 IGP using Adrenalin 24.7.1 - same technology, slightly higher core count.

Do not have an issue with display stop working after sleep mode.

Adrenalin Metrics Overlay FPS counter (and all other metrics) work in games.

Do not have CoD:BO6, AoM:Retold or BMW games so can't comment on those.

Use a modest aftermarket cooler and never overheat or BSOD. What cooler do you have?

Not sure what "heaviness" means. Slow input response? No problems here.

The AMD Polaris and Vega graphics architectures are mature, stable and performant and don’t benefit as much from regular software tuning.  Going forward, AMD is providing critical updates for Polaris- and Vega-based products via a separate driver package, including important security and functionality updates as available.  The committed support is greater than for products AMD categorizes as legacy, and gamers can still enjoy their favorite games on Polaris and Vega-based products.

Adrenalin 24.7.1 for Vega is a 629MB download. https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/previous-drivers.html/processors/ryzen/ryzen-5000-series/am...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Are you referring to the Radeon Vega 7 IGP in the Ryzen 5600G processor? What version of Adrenalin are you using?

I have a 5700G with Radeon Vega 8 IGP using Adrenalin 24.7.1 - same technology, slightly higher core count.

Do not have an issue with display stop working after sleep mode.

Adrenalin Metrics Overlay FPS counter (and all other metrics) work in games.

Do not have CoD:BO6, AoM:Retold or BMW games so can't comment on those.

Use a modest aftermarket cooler and never overheat or BSOD. What cooler do you have?

Not sure what "heaviness" means. Slow input response? No problems here.

The AMD Polaris and Vega graphics architectures are mature, stable and performant and don’t benefit as much from regular software tuning.  Going forward, AMD is providing critical updates for Polaris- and Vega-based products via a separate driver package, including important security and functionality updates as available.  The committed support is greater than for products AMD categorizes as legacy, and gamers can still enjoy their favorite games on Polaris and Vega-based products.

Adrenalin 24.7.1 for Vega is a 629MB download. https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/previous-drivers.html/processors/ryzen/ryzen-5000-series/am...

When I go back to Adrenalin 24.3.1, most of those problems disappear, only one problem remains, which is the heaviness in the desktop and when changing between YouTube videos. I don't know exactly what the problem is with the new versions, and the problem of the screen turning off and not working, I am sure of this problem, because when I go back to Adrenalin 24.3.1 it disappears, the problem may be limited to specific screens

0 Likes

Well, you answered one of my questions, the Adrenalin version you are using. If you had to "go back" to 24.3.1 then I assume you were using 24.7.1 and having these issues?

What operating system and version are you on?

What are your other system specs? Motherboard, memory, processor, etc.

What CPU cooler do you have?

What is meant by "heaviness in the desktop"?

0 Likes

These are the specifications:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G , No OC

Vega 7 No OC

Memory: Gloway 8X2, The RAM is overclocked, I tested it and no blue screen issues.

MB:Gigabyte B550m S2H

Lexar 128GB SSD 
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-08U6AA0 
465GB Seagate ST3500413AS 
238GB Lexar SSD NS100 256GB 
120GB Hitashi SSD

heavy = I mean slow to open windows and programs.

Windows slow problem, I think I figured out where the problem lies, it could be storage

The thing I don't understand, why does it happen with driver and other driverCapture d’écran 2024-09-02 001018.jpg not?

0 Likes

Thanks for confirming you have a 5600G with Vega 7 IGP and Gloway 2x8GB memory kit. I admit I had not heard of this memory manufacturer previously, however it seems there are a very few Gloway listed on the Gigabyte QVL for your board.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-doc

But what Gloway kit specifically are you using? When you say it is overclocked, do you mean it is using an XMP profile? What are the specifics? What are the speed and timings? How did you test it?

You still have not responded as to what CPU cooler you're using? Are you using the box Wraith Stealth cooler that came with the CPU? You mentioned overheating and BSOD, what is the temperature? What is your ambient?

I also see from your screenshot you are running Win 11 23H2. I am running the same version. Was this a new install? Did you upgrade from Win 10? Are you having any issues other than graphics related?

I see you are running several drives, including some spinners. You mention the slow Windows response could be due to storage. Which is the system drive? Have you tried disconnecting unnecessary drives and see if the BSOD continue? Have you run a disk check to ensure the system partition is valid?