cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fire_raptor
Adept II

The version of AMD software is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver

Last couple of months I have problem with drivers (GPU RX 6700 XT). Occasionally I got this meesage when I try to open AMD Adrenalin software.

8hrDHHf

1. First time I noticed this about three months ago when I installed Kodi and after restart I just got a black screen. I turned off my PC on case physical button and when it entered Windows I noticed that image quality looks degraded. AMD software didn't want to open and I reinstalled the drivers.

2. Second time - Two weeks ago it happened again. After restart black screen again. When I entered Windows I noticed stuttering on background (Wallpaper engine). Same message on AMD software. After reinstalling drivers I disabled Windows update.

3. Yesterday I installed newly released GPU driver. Today in game I couldn't open AMD performance overlay. After exiting game I got same message when entering AMD software.

In this situations only solution that works is GPU driver reinstall. I always unistall driver in safe mode using DDU. GPU is working normally in games. How to fix this? 

Unrelated to this, is there a settings that stops AMD drivers reverting to factory settings in a case of power blackout? I want to store fan curve settings permanently.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Fire_raptor
Adept II

bump

0 Likes

That pop up is usually caused by windows update replacing the driver, guides on the web for 'disable driver updates from windows update'.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
DaPixelGuy
Newcomer

this might help you as you can download the detect and install software from amd, however trying the adrenaline edition can work too
https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/graphics/radeon-rx/radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-r... 

0 Likes
peruka93
Staff

Windows OS has updated the driver using Windows Update and something got broken. Just remove it completely using Display Driver Uninstaller tool and reinstall the latest drivers from AMD website. Additionally you can search web for how to stop automatic Driver Updates on Windows.

0 Likes