Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RarelyRoger
Adept I

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14 service failed to start due to the following error

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV14 service failed to start due to the following error:
A certificate was explicitly revoked by its issuer.

I have looked for possible outdated drivers or even uninstalling the driver and reinstalling. I'm not sure what else to do at this point, I keep getting the BSOD and when checking the event logs I get the same error.

If anyone could help that would be amazing!

0 Likes
14 Replies

Which Windows version do you have installed and Make & Model of your CPU?

0 Likes

I'm using WIndows 11
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics

That is very important information that you left out concerning Ryzen Master issue.

Ryzen Master is incompatible with laptops or Laptop Processors which is why it is not working or installing.

At Gitlab there is a Ryzen Master type clone called Ryzen Controller: https://gitlab.com/ryzen-controller-team/ryzen-controller

Besides I believe there is no Windows 11 Ryzen Master version yet posted at AMD Download page. Only for Windows 10.

okay so I should just revert back to windows 10 then?

0 Likes

No you misread my reply.

Ryzen Master IS NOT COMPATIBLE with Laptop processors or laptops doesn't matter if you have Windows 10 installed or not.

None of AMD software that involves Over/Under clocking the CPU will work in a laptop or a PC that uses a laptop processor.

The Ryzen 7 4800H is considered to be a Laptop CPU thus Ryzen Master will not install because of your CPU.

NOTE: But you can use Ryzen Controller which is similar to Ryzen Master but for laptops. You can google the program before you download and install it.

0 Likes

Well this is a pre-built laptop I have the HP Omen 015 and I wasn't  having BSOD before, so saying it's not compatible makes no sense. I have never touched Over/Under clocking. 

0 Likes

HP OMEN - 15.6" Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 512GB SSD - Mica Silver

0 Likes

Ryzen Master won't install in a laptop. It isn't compatible with laptops.

So you are saying that your HP Laptop came with Ryzen Master installed already?

If it did then I suggest you go to HP Support download page for your laptop and see if they have a modified Ryzen Master download because, as far as I am aware, AMD Ryzen Master will not install in a laptop:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 143510.png

You can download the generic Ryzen Master from here: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Unless AMD changed their minds and now allows Ryzen Master to install in Laptops.

From this Tech Article about Ryzen Master: https://www.wepc.com/cpu/how-to/amd-ryzen-master-utility/

Ryzen Master overclocking software utility has been specifically designed for the overclocking of Ryzen processors within the AM4 infrastructure. Released in 2015 It includes all Ryzen processors, accelerated processing units, and HEDT Ryzen Threadripper processors as well.

From the latest Ryzen Master User's Guide 2022:

Ryzen Master is compatible only with AM4/5 Desktop processors. You Laptop doesn't use AM4 nor AM5 socket. It uses BGA1140 (FP6)

What is the BSOD error you are getting?

When does it happen?

When Windows is loading when you power up the laptop?

EDIT: The reason why, in my opinion, AMD doesn't allow Ryzen Master to install in laptops is because Laptops have been engineered to work within a very specific strict Thermal and Power range. Ryzen Master by over or under clocking the processor can easily go beyond those specific strict limits thus possibly damaging the laptop.

Try uninstalling Ryzen Master from your laptop and see if the BSOD stops.

NOTE: If your HP Laptop came with Ryzen Master pre-installed then it must be a modified lite version for just monitoring purposes.

To tell you the truth this is the first time I hear of a OEM Laptop manufacturer having a Pre-installed Ryzen Master in a laptop if I read your reply correctly.

Yeah to be honest I don't even know what Ryzen Master is Lol, so I am going to attempt to uninstall it.

so I have removed it and I'm still getting BSOD These are the current errors so far
Driver_overran_stack_Buffer
IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled
Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

0 Likes

I have to apologize to you. You were correct that Ryzen Master is included in your HP Omen 15 Laptop which is a big surprise to me since AMD made it possible to make Ryzen Master incompatible with laptops.

Found this HP Support talking about Ryzen Master in HP Omen 15 laptops: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06968113

SUPPORTED SOFTWARE VERSIONS*: ONLY impacted versions are listed.

The AMD Ryzen Master™ software is used to support the overclocking feature in certain versions of the HP OMEN Command Center. Mitigated versions of AMD Ryzen Master™ are being provided via an OMEN Command Center SDK Package version 1.0.32 or higher for systems that support AMD processor overclocking. Ryzen Master™ versions prior to 2.2.0.1543 are impacted.
See RESOLUTION section for impacted products.
RESOLUTION
AMD has released updates to mitigate the potential vulnerability. HP has identified affected platforms and corresponding SoftPaqs with minimum versions that mitigate the potential vulnerability. See the affected platforms listed below.
Newer versions might become available and the minimum versions listed below might become obsolete. If a SoftPaq Link becomes invalid, check the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads site to obtain the latest update for your product model.
HP recommends keeping your system up to date with the latest firmware and software.
note:
This bulletin might be updated when new information and/or SoftPaqs are available. Sign up for HP Subscriptions to be notified and receive:
  • Product support eAlerts
  • Driver updates
  • Security bulletin updates
Pending: Softpaq is in progress.
Under investigation: System under investigation for impact, or Softpaq under investigation for feasibility/availability.
Not available: Softpaq not available due to technical or logistical constraints.
Check support page: The listed SoftPaq has been removed from download site. SoftPaqs with newer versions may be available on the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads site.

HP has its own software to update all drivers and software in your HP Laptop. Try using that to update all drivers and see if it installs Ryzen Master again.
0 Likes

See if this is the laptop you have for this HP Support download page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-15-en0000-laptop-pc-series/32827270

The next step is only as a last resort if you still can't get your laptop to work correctly!

Your laptop has a Cloud Recovery option and instruction on how to use it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

Go here and input your Laptop Serial Number to see if you laptop supports Cloud Recovery option: https://d34z73bbtpzgej.cloudfront.net/

If it doesn't have the Cloud Recovery option then it should have HP RECOVERY MANAGER to restore your laptop back to the way it was when you purchased it.

@RarelyRoger 

You know I forgot something easier to do to restore Ryzen Master back on your computer.

You need to enter Windows Troubleshooting Menu and click on 'Restore point".

Find a Restore Point from before you remove Ryzen Master and it should set your laptop back to the way it was when the Restore point was made.

You can access Windows Troubleshooting Menu from Windows Settings or by restarting your laptop three times before entering Windows Desktop.

Also removing Ryzen Master shouldn't really affect your laptop but just in case it does try restoring your laptop back by using an earlier Restore Point.

0 Likes