cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zerga-abderrezak
Journeyman III

Support for new amd drivers for wsl2 for RX 7800 XT

I recently bought a new rx 7800 xt card, and i am an ai student currently, so I wanted to try some ml on wsl2 but no luck, i noticed the new release fixes that but its only for 7900 or above cards, i wonder when 7800xt support will be added?

this is the driver im referring to:  AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.10.21.01 for WSL 2

2 Replies
Tinyskynet
Adept II

Well, there is a modified driver on the guru3d forum, but I can not recommend it. I mean, it does work fine as far as I know.

If you want to try it it, I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/adrenalin-edition-24-10-21-01-for-wsl-2.452715/page-2  

Scroll down to a post by "the creator", you will find a link to a 7zip archive and some details how to install it

But like I said, use it at your own risk!

0 Likes
chch121
Journeyman III

Now AMD has released the latest driver version 24.6.1 which includes wsl support. However, following the instructions to install rocm 6.1.3 on my 7800xt triggers an "unsupported GPU" error. Until AMD officially supports it, there is nothing we can do. It may be possible to flash the bios to get the computer to recognize the card as a 7900GRE or 7900XT with a similar architecture, but I haven't tried that yet because it's risky. I hope AMD will add official WSL support for more cards soon.

0 Likes