cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blazeioo
Adept II

Stuttering in CS:GO after update 23.2.1 .

Yesterday I installed new drivers (23.2.1) for my graphics card, and I noticed that in csgo there are very high stutters, despite the high number of frames per second. What is the problem? I don't have this problem in other games. I tried downgrading to an older version of the drivers, it worked. But I want to have new drivers, because only then does MSI Afterburner work for me, and I can set the fan curve, and use RivaTuner.

29 Replies
BrunoPVieira
Adept I

Eu também fiz a instalação dos novos drivers e tive problemas no PUBG. Instabilidade mesmo com quadros altos, e artefatos aparecem na tela o tempo todo.

this is english forum

Mikko91
Adept III

use radeon software to tweak amd cards,  u can set up fan curve , power limit , min/max clocks its helps alot on cs.go, afterburner sucks and cost some fps.

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

The problem still exists

My spec: Rx6600, r5 5500, 

0 Likes
kitastan
Adept II

I on the other hand have different issue. 

The card is 7900XTX. 

From time to time game just freeze and turn off during gaming.

And if i have open some web page in the integrader webbrowser then during loading the map it also simply turn off to desktop....

This problem was not present on previous drivers prior to 23.2.1.

Unforsaken
Adept I

I literally created my account just to report this problem as well!!!

I searched and searched! Tried everything I could find, GPU tweaking, CPU affinity tweaking, changing registry values, Windows settings, BIOS settings, etc. Nothing worked. This is the only game where this happens! It's totally unplayable. 

I hope AMD fixes this soon or someone comes up with a temporary solution or something.

My spec is:

CPU: 7950X

GPU: RX 7900 XTX

RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR5-6000 - Model: CMH32GX5M2D6000C36

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming Wi-Fi

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

After updating the drivers to 23.2.2, the problem with stuttering still occurs.

I confirm this.

Problem still occurs.

0 Likes

Looking at fixing time for CS:GO problems  i expect it will be present for a long time unfortunately....

0 Likes
Unforsaken
Adept I

Problem seems to be related to input lag. And even though I've tried many settings like I mentioned, I've tried different mouses, wired (different USB ports as well) and wireless mouses and the problem is still there with similar effect/problem. I've submitted a bug report. But I'm not expecting either that it will be fixed (looked into) any time soon.

So either a rollback for that one game or keep calm and wait.

Hi, did you turned off the V-Sync in AMD Adrenalin Software? Sounds like that you have this turned on. Put this "always off".

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

In that case, we have to be patient and wait for help from AMD.

0 Likes
Mojito87
Adept I

6600K, 6900XT

Same Problem with the newest driver 23.2.2 since two days. The picture in CS is not soft anymore. So i just turned the Radeon Enhanced Sync off (version 23.2.1 "on") and it works but still micro stutter.

You can find this option under Gaming --> CS:GO --> Radeon Enhanced Sync

I think i will re-install the driver 23.2.1

Eugen2
Journeyman III

Dudes, it`s not about what game do you play or what card do you have. 23.2 driver version has a bug that limits your videocard memory to 512mb. You can check it in your TaskManager in Amd card stats.

But I rly don`t know how to fix it.

so have you tried to take Enhanced Sync off? Are you talking about microstutters or unfluent pictures and lower fps? For the last, i could change it with the E-Sync off

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

Disabling enhanced sync has reduced the stuttering a bit, but the issue still persists and it's annoying

0 Likes

i have7900 xtx on 23.2.2 and no stuttering. All is perfect. They even fixed the long loading map time.

Same thing for me. So I confirm this.

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

I've checked a few games and noticed that enhanced sync might be an issue, if anyone is having massive drops despite high fps try turning it off. I leave it disabled until amd fixes it.

0 Likes
shaoaz
Adept II

The drivers since 23.2.1 have broken freesync and most DX9 games. Left 4 Dead 2 is unplayable with those new drivers and Freesync is super bad on any games.

This is just one issue on top of the others that makes me avoid any drivers since the release 22.5.1 for my 6950XT.

Personally one of the issue that has been really upsetting me since 22.5.1 after the Freesync and DX9 breaking is VRC AVPro playback not working properly. AMD has been really letting it loose lately in my experience but I can't switch, the RDNA2 cards are really good and power efficiency, just not used properly.

Unforsaken
Adept I

FYI:

Also tried installing Chipset Driver and then the PCI Bus (PCI Express Root Complex) driver which doesn't get installed by the Chipset Drivers installer. Nothing changed.

I did some more research regarding Multiplane Overlay (MPO) in order to disable or enable in order to do some more testing and according to dxdiag MPO is not getting/being disabled in Windows 11 (22H2) in my case.

Already tried disabling V-Sync, E-Sync, FreeSync, you name it. It may get a bit better but problem (stuttering / input lag) is still there. I tried the Disney+ app which was also suffering from stuttering and that's the only app where the stuttering disappeared after disabling everything related to "sync".

If anyone else wants to share any information, please do so.

PS: My monitor supports 144Hz and 165Hz, I've tried switching between 8bit and 10bit modes and different resolutions and nothing changed regarding the stuttering. So far the only DirectX 9 game suffering is CS:GO in my case.

0 Likes

FYI:

Ended up formatting and re-installing Windows 11 version 22H2 (22621.1265), then installed all drivers starting with the Chipset Driver (5.02.19.2221) for AM5 platform then Adrenalin 23.2.2 for the GPU then the rest. Didn't turn off any feature/option or anything related to "sync".

So far, CS:GO is working smoothly. The only issue I see so far is when I run an application like "Disney+" in fullscreen when the "lower video-control bar" shows, the video playback is choppy, when it autohides the playback is smooth, I fixed this before when I disabled the e-sync, etc.

0 Likes
TechBarat
Journeyman III

I have bee using 22.5.1 without any problems, one of my friends asked me to try Warzone 2.0 which was claiming higher Radeon driver version. I have updated to 23.2.2 and CS:GO started with serious stuttering, so had to revert back to 22.5.1 and forget CoD (for me CS:GO is more important :D).

I also hope, AMD will fix this, and confirm in the release notes, as I don't want to run through on this uninstall/install/revert procedure every time.

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

The problem also appeared in Far Cry 5 when turned on enchanced sync. 

Still occurs in CSGO, PUBG, GTA V.

0 Likes
Foulyzera
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, seems to occur only in Souce games (I noticed stutters in CS:GO and Left4dead2). The games are on the SSD; 

My setup: MOBO: ASUS A520 // GPU: RX 6600 XFX // Ryzen 5500 // 16 GB of RAM;

Drivers are up to date: Adrenalin 23.4.3 (WHQL Recommended)

Yesterday I activated the "Resizable BAR" on my motherboard BIOS, I played 2 matches of deathmatch (the place that I had the most issues of stuttering) and I think it worked. No stutters. I will make another post when I  play more matches and confirm this.

0 Likes

Hey,

I have a RX 5600 XT and having the same issues since 23.2.1

I did a lot of things: DDU clean uninstall and reinstall last driver, re-installed windows, tried to power limit 20% but nothing works...

My motherboard is a MSI Z370 Gaming Plus and the last version of the bios says that it includes Resizable BAR.

If it works for you, i'll try to flash my bios to the last version.

0 Likes

Apparent solution found: Seems that enabling SAM (Rezisable BAR) in the BIOS worked for me, I have no more stutters, at least in CS:GO.

0 Likes

Apparent solution found: Seems that enabling SAM (Rezisable BAR) in the BIOS worked for me, I have no more stutters, at least in CS:GO.

0 Likes