cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gameskiller01
Journeyman III

StoreMI 2.0 doesn't allow me to select drives

This is what the screen looks like, and hovering over either the Toshiba source device or Crucial cache device gives the message "Source/Cache device is connected to a third party controller, please power down your system and then move the device to an eligible SATA controller for use with StoreMI". I'm not even entirely sure what this message means, since both drives are simply connected to my motherboard's SATA ports, and it's set to AHCI mode in the BIOS. I've read that it could potentially be a driver issue, but this is what the "Storage controller" section looks like in device manager, and it doesn't seem like there are any 3rd part storage controllers installed. Does anyone have any idea about how to solve this issue?

System config: Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite BIOS F52f

0 Likes
1 Solution
gameskiller01
Journeyman III

I fixed it by going into Device Manager, and then under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" I changed "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" to "StoreMI Bottom Device".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
gameskiller01
Journeyman III

I fixed it by going into Device Manager, and then under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" I changed "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" to "StoreMI Bottom Device".