cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sajp16
Journeyman III

Starfield crashing continuously to desktop

My copy of Starfield continuously crashes to desktop without warning, after a random period of time.

My PC specs are as follows:

GPU: ASRock RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

RAM: 16GB (DDR4, 2133MHz)

Power Supply: 1000W

CPU and GPU are not overclocked, Rezize BAR is on, everything set to "Auto" in BIOS

Have tried with "Smart Access Memory" (SAM) on and off, didn’t make a difference.

Can someone please advise on how to fix, as it is becoming increasingly frustrating.

0 Likes
5 Replies

What are your game graphics settings?  I fixed mine be going medium settings and turning off sync

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
0 Likes

I've been playing on ULTRA which my GPU should be able to handle.

0 Likes
Sykopro
Adept I

I have had the same problem since the latest driver update. I can't even play the game, which is what I bought the 7900 xtx to do.

0 Likes
oliviawhite1979
Journeyman III

1. **Check System Requirements:** Ensure that your computer meets the minimum and recommended system requirements for Starfield. Inadequate hardware can lead to crashes.

2. **Update Graphics Drivers:** Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can cause crashes. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed.

3. **Verify Game Files:** If you're playing the game through a platform like Steam, use their "Verify Integrity of Game Files" feature to ensure that your game installation is not corrupted.

4. **Update the Game:** Ensure that you're running the latest version of Starfield. Game developers often release patches to address stability issues.

5. **Lower Graphics Settings:** If your system is struggling to handle the game, consider lowering the in-game graphics settings to reduce the strain on your hardware.

6. **Check for Overheating:** Overheating can cause crashes. Monitor your computer's temperature and make sure it's adequately cooled.

7. **Disable Overlays:** Some overlays from applications like Discord or GeForce Experience can interfere with the game. Try disabling them.

8. **Background Applications:** Close unnecessary background applications to free up system resources.

9. **Run as Administrator:** Try running the game as an administrator. Right-click the game's executable file and select "Run as Administrator."

10. **Compatibility Mode:** Running the game in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

11. **Contact Support:** If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to the game's official support or community forums for specific troubleshooting assistance.

Remember to back up your game saves before making any major changes, and keep an eye on any error messages that may provide clues about the cause of the crashes. With some patience and persistence, you can hopefully resolve the issue and enjoy a smoother gaming experience.

0 Likes
kyton
Adept III

Has anyone tried removing this update as seemingly causes crashing Windows 11 KB5031354?

https://www.windowslatest.com/2023/10/22/windows-11-october-2023-update-crashing-games-and-file-expl...

0 Likes