Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

tri799
Journeyman III

Sony A80J & RX 5700XT fails VRR, HDR and 1440pon drivers newer than 22.8.1

Hello AMD,

This maybe a unique problem. I have a system comprising of a Ryzen 5 , 5600X and RX5700XT and use this primarily on my Sony OLED TV A80J for gaming etc. IF i use drivers newer than version 22.8.1 The Sony no longer provides 100-120hz gaming and is locked to 60hz and HDR support is disabled. Furthermore if I decide to live with this limitation and use drivers newer for game compatibility I lose the option for 1440p resolution as well.

As a 1440P gamer this is extremely frustrating as gaming is impossible on my TV as id prefer. Rolling back drivers to much older versions fixes the HDR, 1440P and VRR 100 &120hz issues.

Has anyone else exp these issues,  do the community or AMD have any recommendations?

As these features work on older drivers this is definitely a driver issue.

I dont wish to move to the green team but will

0 Likes
2 Replies

Not sure if this current AMD Thread (very long) is something similar to what you are experiencing or not: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/problem-with-enabling-hdr-on-7900-xt-with-qn90a-tv/m-p/613408#...

But you might want to read it and see if you believe it applies to your situation or not.

0 Likes

Thankyou for the reply, although I can't see anything that may help. 

For info l, have sat here for days on end installing, updating then reinstalling copious amounts of drivers to troubleshoot this issue, I can deduce with almost certainty that amd have removed something from there drivers post SEP last year  that allows 100-120hz gaming , HDR and 1440p support to this panel this panel. 

although the most frustrating thing is that I they have also withdrawn 1440p support for the RX5700xt post Jan 23 editions. I can install all versions of drivers then do a clean install of 22.8.1 and everything works fine from a refresh rate, resolution perspective, although I get some instability in games such as witcher 3 and Hogwarts etc 

Would be great firbthe AMD driver to to fix this issue or reply as to why newer driver have removed standard features that obviously were there in older drivers iterations. 

I have read NVIDIA cards do not have any issues with PC gaming on TV OLED panels. 

cheers

0 Likes