Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jochemr
Adept II

SOLVED: Radeon Software not working since 21.8.2

Hi all,

For a few months now I haven't been able to get Radeon Software working past the 21.8.2 update. I've tried WHQL and optional releases (including the latest 22.1.2), but I've always had to roll back to 21.8.2.

The issue is not in the installing process, both the driver and Radeon Software utility seem to install just fine. I also have no problem playing games. However Radeon Software will simply not open. If I try Windows' spinning blue loading circle appears for a second, then nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling the drivers, running the AMD Cleanup Utility and all to no avail: the only solution is to stay on the 21.8.2 release. Which is a bummer, because that means I'm missing out on features and performance improvements.

Some relevant specifications:

• GPU: RX 5700XT
  • CPU: 4790k
  • Motherboard: ASUS z97 PRO

Has anyone here experienced problems similar to this, or does anyone have a clue what could be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
jochemr
Adept II

Solved it, at least for me. For whatever reason later releases of Radeon Software only start when my CPU's integrated GPU is enabled in the BIOS. I have no clue why this matters since my display is most definitely plugged into my discrete GPU. The important thing is that it works.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jochemr
Adept II

Solved it, at least for me. For whatever reason later releases of Radeon Software only start when my CPU's integrated GPU is enabled in the BIOS. I have no clue why this matters since my display is most definitely plugged into my discrete GPU. The important thing is that it works.