Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

terrier39
Journeyman III

(Solved) Cannot display on TV when using AMD Drivers

Hello,

I am using a Radeon RX 5700 and am unable to display on an LCD TV (a Toshiba model 40BL702B), connected by an HDMI cable. I have been using this TV as a third monitor for a long time with an Nvidia GTX 1060 and had no problems, however after changing to the RX 5700 the TV displays "No Signal", despite it being recognized as an additional display. The TV appears as valid display by Windows and the AMD software suite, but disappears after 10 or so seconds before reappearing. It continues cycling in this way until the HDMI to the TV is disconnected.

This issue does not affect my other two displays, and my system has not crashed or had errors since changing GPUs.

When using the default Windows drivers, or when booted in Safe Mode, I can use the TV without issue. However, after installing the latest AMD drivers, the TV will only display video from the PC until a short way into booting (after the BIOS loads but before the welcome screen). I have concluded that the fault lies somewhere in the AMD drivers.

I have tried:
- Switching HDMI cables
- Disconnecting all other monitors
- Disabling HBCP, GPU upscaling and FreeSync for all monitors
- Disabling Radeon Anti-lag
- Fresh reinstall of AMD drivers using DDU to clean the old drivers
- Enabling 10-bit pixel format

My PC specs:
 Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2Ghz
 GPU: AMD Radeon 5700
 Memory: 16.0 GB
 Other Displays: K222HQL, R241Y.

I have seen a lot of discussion about AMD drivers and black screens, but none of the proposed solutions have worked.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

UPDATE: I have been able to get the TV to display by forcing all monitors to a refresh rate of 50Hz. This has been able to solve the issue.

0 Replies