cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Slow motion games

Since the latest driver update, 23.3.1, none of my games work.  I'll have 120+ fps but everything moves in slow motion, in every single game. 

CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Primary/Discrete

32 GB ram

I've done all these things :

This message typically occurs after the GPU driver crashes and can be caused by one or more of the following.
• Windows missing critical and or important updates
o Keep your operating system up to date by installing all available recommended and critical updates.
o For instructions on how to update Windows 10 please refer to kb article: Update Windows 10
o For instructions on how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 please refer to kb article: Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

• Corrupted registry keys/and or system files
o Use Windows System File Checker to scan Windows and restore any damaged files.
 For instructions on how to use Windows System File Checker please refer to kb article: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
 Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) Type the following command, and then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
 At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
o Use Windows System Restore to roll back your Windows Installation if you recently installed an application.
 For instructions on how to use Windows System Restore on Windows 10 refer to kb article: Recovery options in Windows 10
o Use Windows recovery options to reset or reinstall Windows.
o For instructions on how to reset or reinstall Windows 10 refer to kb article: Reset or reinstall Windows 10
o For instructions on how to reinstall Windows 7 refer to kb article: Clean Reinstall Windows 7
o For instructions on how to use Windows System Restore on Windows 7 refer to kb article: Back up and restore your PC

• Display drivers with known issues
o The graphics card drivers may have known issues with a certain application.
o Check to see if you are running the latest display driver
o If you have the latest display driver installed, check the release notes to see if your issue is a known issue and if so revert to an earlier driver version.
o Check to see if you have the latest patch or updates for the application you are using

• Corrupted display driver
o Try a clean install of the latest AMD display driver using either DDU or the AMD Cleanup utility
 For instructions on how to use the AMD Cleanup Utility please refer to kb article: AMD Cleanup Utility
 For instructions on how to find the latest compatible drivers please refer to kb article: How to Find the Latest Compatible Drivers for an AMD Graphics Product
 For instructions on how to Install the AMD display driver please refer to kb article: How to Install Radeon™ Software on a Windows® Based System

• A overclocked processor, graphics card or system memory can cause system instability and excess heat which can cause GPU driver crashes.
o Run all hardware components at their default factory settings.
o This would include the processor, graphics card and system memory.
o Processor and system memory changes can be reset to factory default settings in the motherboard bios.
o For instructions on how to reset your motherboard BIOS to default settings, please refer to your motherboard manual or system documentation.
If you continue to experience the same issue after trying the steps above, you may have defective hardware. Here are some suggestions to try and isolate which hardware inside your system is faulty.
A defective graphics card:
• Check that the power supply meets the requirements of the graphics card.
• Check that power supply cables properly secured to the graphics card.
• Try reseating the graphics card into the PCI-E lane.
• Try moving the graphics card to a different PCI-E lane.
• Try the graphics card in a different system.

A defective or inadequate power supply.
• For instructions on how to troubleshoot a defective or inadequate power supply refer to kb article: How to Troubleshoot System Stability Issues Caused by the Power Supply Unit

Defective system memory:
• Test system memory DIMMs individually to look for errors. The following third-party utility can be used to check for memory errors: MemTest86
If you wish to receive additional support or suggestions on this issue, please open a new discussion and provide the essential information required as specified here: https://community.amd.com/thread/196209

I am at the point that I feel like I'll never buy another AMD product again.  Since purchasing this 5800x  I've had nothing but problems.

0 Likes
0 Replies