cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gambit2k
Adept II

Short 1-2 second lockups in games on 7900XTX with all released versions of the fluid motion drivers.

So I've been very eager to try the fluid motion preview drivers with a host of games where I think they might be useful, but so far all the drivers released have given me the same issue. And it's making them totally unusuable for me right now.

The issue is I get 1-2 second lockups of my entire system (icluding mouse pointer movement) followed by it running normally for maybe 10-20 sec (happens randomly), followed by the 1-2 sec lockups again. This happens wether fluid montion is active in adrenaline control panel or not. So it has nothing to do with the actual fluid motion frames function. And it can both happen during gpu intensive parts, in loading screens or in menus of games.  If I use any non preview driver my system works as it should.

I've made a short video that demonstrates the issue (fluid motion frames off). First stutter happens at 00:47 followed by 01:00, 01:05, 01:11, 01:14, 01:18 etc. 

Any one also experiencing this and know what the cause could be?

Things tried:

1. Tried all 3 released preview drivers.

2. Tried games that both support and don't support HyperRX.
  3. Tried using 16:9 resolutions instead of my 21:9 (3440*1440 native).
  4. Running latest updated bios for my motherboard.
  5. Tried turning off SAM.
  6. Turned of any CPU or GPU OC.
  7. Turned on and off iGPU via bios.
  8. Windows 11 fully updated via Windows update. I have even formatted and reinstalled Windows from scratch.

9. Tried every version of chipset drivers since the release of X670E chipset.

10. Tried changing power plans.

11. Lowering monitor refreshrate down to 120 Hz.
  12. Turning off freesync.
  13. Running with no unecessary services or apps including antivirus.

ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Gene| AMD Ryzen 9 7800X3D Delidded | Custom EK Watercooling| WD Black SN850X 1TB + WD Black SN850X 2TB| Corsair Vengeance, DDR5-6600 64GB (2 x 32GB) @6400MHz CL 30-38-38-76| AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX| LG UltraGear 45GR95QE OLED| MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 1000W| Lian Li O-11 EVO|

1 Solution
gambit2k
Adept II

Solved it, it's the Lian Li L-Connect 3 software coupled together with the fluid motion frames preview driver that causes the freezes. When closing that it immideately works as intended.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
gambit2k
Adept II

Small update, it might be the one of these three services, cause I am not having the issue right now (finally). Although I don't have any Asus software installed currently...  

msconfig_cXCll3V66f.png

0 Likes
gambit2k
Adept II

Solved it, it's the Lian Li L-Connect 3 software coupled together with the fluid motion frames preview driver that causes the freezes. When closing that it immideately works as intended.

0 Likes